Advice for Specialized M2 "Ned"bike?

raphaelsamad

Retro Newbie
Hi there,
Absolutely newbie to this forum but I hope that my bike gives me a ticket to join!
I have had my Specialized M2 S-Works for quite some time now and bought it second hand when it was about 1 year old from a (then) local bike shop.
Anyway, it rides just fine and is extremely light but I do also keep thinking about a newer bike - upgraditis and all that. It currently even still has the original hardpack (?) tyres on it. I am thinking that I should not be spending much on new components etc. as that would probably not be worth spending the money on. However. the tyres might finally need to be changed - any ideas what good value, all round, tyres I should go for - my normal cycling will consist of a little bit of road (when necessary), tracks, forests, canal paths etc. - not serious downhilling!
I will post pictures as my next post as I am not allowed to add links or urls as my first post.
Many thanks

Sounds like a interesting bike. Conti or Geax are good boots.
Hello as well

IMG_4531 by raphaelsamad, on Flickr

IMG_4526 by raphaelsamad, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26383623@N06/7102548105/]
IMG_4525 by raphaelsamad, on Flickr
6956480822_d389f675ef_s.jpg
[/url]
IMG_4528 by raphaelsamad, on Flickr

IMG_4529 by raphaelsamad, on Flickr

great bike! the only thing it needs is some parts removed :D

i digress...check out the kenda and maxxis range of tyres.

their tyres are light, grippy, durable and long lasting.

in folding, you won't go wrong with just about any of their tyres. stay with a 1.9 to 2.1 at the maximum.

they are also incredibly good value for money

Great bike!

I'd go for some Charge Splashbacks - 1.8 or 2.1 - amber wall and good in most conditions - also fast rolling :D Wiggle have them for £23 each at the moment I think :D

Back