will double crown forks fit any frame ?

With your Stumpy I wouldn't go over 130mm travel and dual crowns will give you a hugely slack head angle and unless you set them to sag about 40% you'll be riding too high and after a few jumps you'll snap the headtube off. That On One is designed around a 4-6" fork so 120-150mm. A dual and bash or 1x9 would be best if your after a mess around type bike. I've been riding 1x9 for ages and it's easily the simplest and most efficiant gear setup.

I have triples on my Ridge but that's built around a 160-180mm fork. I wouldn't run triples on my old Avalanche though and that has nearly the same geometry as the Stumpy.

Go with a 120mm fork, some tacky tyres, discs, 1x9 setup with a chainguide. You'll need a BB mounted one or an adaptor. I'd reccomend one with a taco as it'll mean you don't need to run a bash guard.

I reckon you could have a great bike built on under £300 easy.

offroadjim":u2muatjf said:
hmm, dunno really... i tend to use all manor of curbs and such and enjoy bouncing round the town , as apose to just riding striaght to my destination , i like doing 180 degree endo's all the fancy rubbish :)

Like this you mean?

No big forks (or gears) needed when you have the skills ;)

offroadjim":16a5m46g said:
lol , ya not quite upto this standard just yet....
this guys a lunatic :)

An extremely skilled one....... ;)

On a serious note - I reckon that for urban-type stuff big, long travel forks would be more of a disadvantage than anything else, they'd soak up all the energy from ramps and kickers, rather than allowing you to use it.

If you want suspension forks then you could do worse than good old coil-sprung Marzocchis, with 100mm of travel, max. They're simple, plush and they live forever :cool:.

Back