Three Tribes "Mass Trespass" ~ Peaks ~ AFTERMATH

mrlee":3htjcpsr said:
I hope your ok Rich I didn't realise untill later how hard you had come off,
I think if there was a bikeoftheride it would have to be the Klein, a well riden show of history,
cheers,
Lee.

Thanks Lee, Feeling fine now. It only hurts when I laugh. Or try to take a really deep breath, so I don't think I'll be doing any lung busting climbs for a week or so! I've done ribs before and the worst thing is been able to hear them cracking but I think everything else crashing down around me drowned it out. I didn't realise that anything had happened til I'd been in Marc's van wondering why my seatbelt felt tight and my rucksack was broken at the front.

I like the idea of Videojetman whizzing home on the motorway with his bike strapped onto the tailgate and all these weekend drivers who haven't looked at a mountain bike in years suddenly waking up and thinking "I'm sure that was a Klein. No it must have been my imagination..."

A terrific write-up Mr Lee with great photos. What a good route. We three East Midlanders don't get to ride that kind of terrain as often as we'd like, so given the opportunity we try and enjoy every minute of it...even the first three mile climb.
I'll second Videojetman's Klein for bike of the ride, really felt for him on those descents while my plush RC36 Stealth ('Pussy') forks worked overtime.

Rich Aich, glad you're OK, didn't realise you'd had a fall, where was that?
Thanks to everyone who took photos. ...I managed a couple of the snow. Must do better next time. And there will be a next time.

Jacobs Ladder is captured just right Mr Lee. I got a great deal of satisfaction climbing that, and slept well.

Thanks everyone :D

Just enjoying the pics now up some great ones that really catch what the day was like thanks to all who posted them must take my camera next time like the £20 bike makes mine feel expensive. Rich didnt realise you had hurt yourself so bad bet that hurt on the rough descents hope its not too long before your out again.

Great pictures and a great write up from Lee.
Really gutted to have missed out on this due to the new arrival of this little fella.

318165_10151487939450215_542810214_23857333_2012294287_n.jpg

I shall be there next time though.

longun: If no gps wizzardry I'll scan in the OS and mark the route, dsp or mrlee might have it already. If nobody gets back to you, pm me.

That has to be the ride of the year so far for me, thank you Mr Lee, I had so much fun and I am very lucky to be in one piece :twisted: done a new set of pads in 1 day, cant wait to explore these parts more, thanks to everyone who made it for the ride, great company, very happy see you all soon :D :D :D

longun":3b30f0h6 said:
looked ace fella, anyone got a gps/map/route thingy??? :D

Longun,
It's more or less the route described in ride 2 of the Mountain Bike Guide for Derbyshire and the Peak District by Tim Banton, Andy Spencer and Tom Windsor. The sign up thread for the ride has a scan of it here
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 21&start=0
but with starting in Hayfield and going up Highgate Rd then joining a track at Rowan Farm and joining the main route from there. We went down Chapel Gate to get to Edale then doubled back on ourselves after lunch to get to Jacob's Ladder so we didn't do the MamTor bit.

Back