Dura Ace 7 Speed/7400 DT shifters

ForestHill

Retro Guru
Model number is SL 7401 I think.
I need some of these for a massive bargain of a 7400 wheelset I bought. It's turning out to not be such a bargain when I realise Dura Ace older stuff is so proprietary and I'll need specific shifters for indexing, and that I can't swap out the freehub for an 8+ speed Hyperglide one.

Thanks

I can't help with the levers, but are you sure you need them? At least in 8 speed, the dura ace cassette has exactly the same dimensions (sprocket thickness and separation) as any other 8s cassette. Only the gear levers and rear mech are different and must be used together for indexing to work. If the 7s cassette you have is the same as any other, then as far as I know you don't need dura ace gear levers, unless you want to use a dura ace rear mech too.

Andy

Thanks Foz, that's what I'm actually trying to find out at the moment. Is the sprocket spacing the same for DA cassettes as for the rest of Shimano then?
That's a weight off my mind if it is, as there's only been one set of DA 7 Speed SIS shifters on ebay in the past few months, but plenty of lower groups!

as far as i know the cassette spacing is the same, it's the mech actuation ratios that are different, so 600 shifters and mech should be a-ok

Back