Dyna tech Diablo DX single speed build - Its back on!!!

jimbog":3hlc52ch said:
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I will keep the photos coming as and when I progress.

jujupunk -

FRAME
001-1.jpg

FORKS
002-1.jpg

Not bad, should be a nice ride!

OK, so had a day off today in the sunshine so thought that it would be a good day to finish stripping the forks and give them a nice new coat of paint. This was done using rattle can paints but I am pretty handy with these (if I do say so myself).

2 coats of primer, 2 coats of ford diamond white (rs/cosworth colour) and one nice coat of laquer. Pleased that I got no runs and a good finish at first attempt.

035.jpg

002-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

in discussions to source XT 2 finger brake levers and silver ATAC stem for the build.

New decals on their way from Gil. Plan is to re paint the back end of the frame this weekend and add new decals.

Xt levers bought. Atac stem nearly bought. Silver flat bar bought.

That is looking good Jim... The seat post looks very good :D

That will look good when built up with the new paint on the forks and rear stays....

O.K. So working on the frame again today. Cleaning up ready for the bottom bracket to be installed.

BEFORE

011-2.jpg

HOW

012-2.jpg

A BIT BETTER AFTER

020-1.jpg

Seeing as I have Decided to go all out and replace the decals with nice new ones and having just painted the forks I have also decided to re paint the rear stays. I have started to strip the blemished areas. In the process I have come across a stamp by the rear hanger which reads TI (see pic). I realise that the main tubes on this frame are titanium, the head tube is Alu but the rear stays are cro moly right? Anybody got the same on their diablo? I am unsure whether my bike is a 92 or 93 as I have not seen another in this colour combo and with straight Dyna Drive forks. My frame shares the same forks as the MT4 which has, correct me if i`m wrong, all titanium tubes?

019-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

Also got these in the post from John today - I think he has a pair left if you want them.

001-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

Not much happening this week on the build due to the sodding rain. Not been able to get out in the garden to finish stripping the rear triangle ready for re painting.
Managed to buy a bb - shimano un55 lx new, a pair of suntour levers and some cool vanguard lizard series canti brakes in silver. Looking forward to the postman coming tomorrow.
Looks as though things will be put on hold until I get the frame Painted and new decals applied but off to Tenerife for a week at the end of next week so will run out of time before then I think.

Back