Toxik Harold's annual Cruiser Ride and Bike show

okay, time to throw something up. hey, it's a start. i'll see if i can find something else. it looks way better built, of course.

sure looks like if the above-pictured bikes show up, it'll be a great showing! AND there'll be CAKE! ;O)

Attachments

• 93BRODIEEXPRESSO.OMAR09.17.JPG
    93BRODIEEXPRESSO.OMAR09.17.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 1,024
here's another. i was looking at the previous picture i posted and figured the '91 dekerf in the immediate background might as well be exposed- partially. pardon the mess in the garage. it's much cleaner, now. more cranks, too! that's a couple '93 rm thin airs behind the dekerf and there are a few more rockys behind them, but they're just aluminum! ;o)

Attachments

• 91dekerf2rear.JPG
    91dekerf2rear.JPG
    465.1 KB · Views: 1,018
jimbotoad":2yf7yuhz said:
here's another. i was looking at the previous picture i posted and figured the '91 dekerf in the immediate background

Colour matched Mag 21 in 91? Erm.......what's the serial number?

hi, yah, woops! jumped the gun, or wasn't thinking when i posted that. i had the pics saved as 1991, as the guy i got the bike from said it was 1991, when chris started- first year, but upon researching the net and asking chris directly, i learned that he didn't start making mountain bikes under the dekerf name until 199- more in line with the mag 21. i just thought the previous owner had the fork painted to match when it became available.

according to chris' records, the frame was made in his first year of offering his own frames, in april of 1993. it's a low number unit- 117! while not a trailer queen, it is a nice survivor in original paint. and that's how it's going to stay. clean it up here and there, some better grips and maybe a chi-chi or two, but generally, the 'originaller', the better, i say.

thanks for the heads up!

That makes more sense. Mine is HEK 184 (July 93) and came in the same metallic copper (I believe it's called Penny) w. a colour matched Mag 21. Looks a bit different now. :D

DK09.jpg

Some absolutely beautiful bikes here......but that Suzie Q, wow

Found a jackpot of NOS RM bikes, well images anyway. :LOL: I'd love to get my hands on any one of these. But particularly the 2nd Thunderbolt with the thunderbolt graphics! :D

27062009075.jpg

27062009081.jpg

27062009080.jpg

27062009072.jpg

Found this detailed shot of the Suzi-Q. Looks to be some machined cuts made into the headtube of the frame. :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,152
That's a beautiful thing

Back