Brighton Ride 21st of April

ok, so apart from sat-nav not actually knowing where Devil's Dyke pub is, what else did we learn today?...

First and foremost, that the South Down's has some stunning views:

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0204.jpg

that Godders is part man/part single speed machine:
DSC_0209.jpg

That Max knows a good cake shop when he see's one:
DSC_0211.jpg

And that despite WB2 being the fastest man o'er hill in west sussex, he's also a greedy bugger
DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

:)

Many thanks to Marcus for arranging a great course for the day and setting the pace, and thanks to the ever present rain clouds for avoiding us all day long, sweet!
I personally thoroughly enjoyed myself and shall be repeating the ride in the near future.
Good to see some of you again and meet the rest of you!

Glad you enjoyed yourself :D

Thanks to all for coming out on what could have potentialy been a very wet ride, but someone was smiling on us today.

Not too many mechanicals for a retro ride, and only two spills (hope your thumb is ok Max)

Oh, and sorry about the extra ten miles :LOL: :oops:

I hurt, quite a lot. It almost feels like i threw myself down a flinty chalky hill doing at about 20 miles an hour...

There are some impressive bruises already appearing, and i have had some sympathy, which was nice.

The thumb/hand, i reckon is a bad sprain as i've got more movement in it now than when we finished, also the rum is helping.

Nice little turn out today, shame we missed each other at Devil's Dyke D, definitely next time. Nice to have met you properly KiS, and Twain, hopefully there'll be plenty more rides in the near future.

now for some arty shots (apologies, but i have instagram), there'll be a couple of normal ones later

Never the Twain
62e2ab008bd711e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

Ups and Downs
9d89c2a68bd811e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

More Downs
df4972d48be411e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

Racing Tea
86960ec68bd611e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

Yep thanks Marcus for a great ride :D
and for everyone else making it a realy good days riding

...just wonder if Marcus had told us before hand that it was going to
end up 25+ miles how many would have come along ?? ;)

looking foward to the next one
ps hope your hand is not to bad Max :?:

Ta to Marcus for top ride, legs still feeling it. Quite how we managed to avoid the rain showers I don't know, but nice that we did.

Good cake as well! :)

was an absolute pleasure gents :) for a Retrobike first ride, i think i was pretty lucky!
Max - you took that spill like a professional! the fact that you've come away with a sprain and some bruises is a testament to the controlled 'stuntman like roll' that you pulled out! all the best for a quick recovery though!

top blokes and some nice cake/totty along the way ;)

looking forward to the next ride already chaps :)

Carge":3388vn2z said:
@Twain
Did the FSR get a ride out? How was it?

yes it did! bloody lush too! :) have a look at my build thread below for updated pics of the beaut :)

we need to meet on a ride this year so you can at least have a ride on it :)

Back