Who's ridden a 29er and didn't like it?

I've an 07 Kona Unit, lovely deddacci(sp?) steel frame. Built up rigid and singlespeed and I love it. Keep thinking of changing it but can't think what else I'd need it to do.

It scares me :shock: @ 6'3" im just too far off the ground to feel safe :LOL: :LOL:
Not without a safety harness.

Even though gazz mentioned the perched feeling, remember that the BB height is the same, you are no higher or lower than a 26er. If anything the overall feeling is off being in the bike rather than on top of.

firedfromthecircus":3srrkxf5 said:
Funnily enough a Unit is one of the bikes I'm looking at. :cool:

This ones mine

4502616386_aa6bc57e32_b.jpg

Thread hijack but how do you rate the ardents btw?, got one for the front of the surly. And those shifter/brakes are still fugly my eyes my eyes :LOL:

Cheers :) rides better than it looks too! Agree with the brifters, they may find themselves swapped to the other Kona. They'll still be fugly but at least they'll shift gears.

Gazz the Ardents are mega. Very grippy but I find slightly on/off you need to commit to the turn. I reckon I'd try something less gnarly on the back one day.

Whats the deal with the frame? is it meant for 29 or just a standard frame and a 29er fork :? yeah?

Back