Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

drystonepaul":2zcoutf8 said:
That's bad news Pete.

The rear end on my old frame is fine should you wish to try a cut and shut...

I have wondered! Melt the glue and then swap the tubes and glue them back in, simples...

Or not.

Probably not really a cost effective/safe solution though I wouldn't imagine, but thanks for the offer :)

Hello again,

depending by the BotM voting I remember my good old Voyager in mint condition. I've got it in 2009, from oneschnark, instead of a NOS Grove Aggressor frameset in black. It is my only Dyna with a complete Campa mtb group. I'm realy proud, being the owner of this part of british bike history. If I can make some better pics, maybe you can see it in the BotM voting.
Sincerely yours

Dynatechrider[/img]

Attachments

• DSCF8027.JPG
    DSCF8027.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 1,801
  • DSCF8020.JPG
    DSCF8020.JPG
    367.2 KB · Views: 1,801
  • DSCF8032.JPG
    DSCF8032.JPG
    440.8 KB · Views: 1,801
I think it's taken a hit on the chainstay at some stage, it feels ever so slightly flattened. The crack has that perpetuated either side. Replacing the chainstay isn't as hard as you would think, it would be a much better repair than any attempt at welding or sleeping.

Easy_Rider":u0m7assd said:
I think it's taken a hit on the chainstay at some stage, it feels ever so slightly flattened. The crack has that perpetuated either side. Replacing the chainstay isn't as hard as you would think, it would be a much better repair than any attempt at welding or sleeping.

Do you think you could do it/know a man? I've been looking for something else and the truth is I really like the build I had planned for it and can't think of another frame that it will suit half as well...

Probably wouldn't even need repainting - happy with a bare ti stay and a touch up around either end ;)

It's finding the right glue that I wouldn't have a clue about. Along with all the other stuff I haven't a clue about! :?

They seem to sell for around £50-60, which makes me think it's not worth it, but I hate to scrap a savable frame on principal!

I am sure many have you have seen my build thread for this already but thought I would join in on this anyway.

Building this as a single speed for now.

Parts ordered and coming for the build -

- 140MM ATAC stem 0 degree rise - in silver plus new decals from Gil
- Black flite saddle - Vanadium rails.
- Tioga flat alu bars - polished silver finish.
- IRC Mythos Tan walls 1.95 NOS.
- XT levers ( bought v brake by accident!)
- new frame decals from Gil (received today as below)

Bits planned -

- DX/XT Cantis
- DX/XT levers
- onza chill pills
- onza chain tensioner
- single speed rear set

Bits that I have -

- X Lite seat post
- DX crank - converted to single ring recently
- Wheels - deore hubs mavic rims

014-1.jpg

002-3.jpg

will update my thread when new bits arrive.

Not exactly breaking news to anybody on here but to any newbies like me who are looking for replacement Frame Decals try Gil_M or google the cycle shed.
I spoke to him recently about replacing the DYNA TECH Decals on my frame as well as making up the Diablo DX and Titanium decals. I must say the guy is brilliant. Within a couple of days he had made up a template and sent it to me to approve. I received the decals today in the post -

078.jpg

Just thought that I would share this for anybody that may not know this. Sorry if this has already been covered in this post. I have not read every page yet!

Browsing this thread and saw 8lezards pictures of Barrie Clarks M-Trax Team edition..

Then found this in an old mag...

Fabcy a 40th Birthday project, any one got one of these frames available? Would love to build one up in homage to Barrie! :D

mtrax2.jpg

mtrax3.jpg

Looks like a Torus with different dropouts?
I found your answerphone message yesterday ringo, saying you were at my front door!

Latest posts

Back