BoTM April 2012 - No ShimaNO Special - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
sinnerman":r7ulj5gt said:
I would never have thought to have put Mavic on an Ibis

I remember a black-yellow Ibis SS with Mavic VTT on the cover of the MBA Buyers or Accessory Guide 1992 (?)...so that splatter "rainbow" colour on my frame made me think about VTT on that bike. Getting the seatpost was the most difficult thing....

Huelse":z72jiv1f said:
sinnerman":z72jiv1f said:
I would never have thought to have put Mavic on an Ibis

I remember a black-yellow Ibis SS with Mavic VTT on the cover of the MBA Buyers or Accessory Guide 1992 (?)...so that splatter "rainbow" colour on my frame made me think about VTT on that bike. Getting the seatpost was the most difficult thing....

it has really impressed me . :cool:

tvcreative":2oix7bty said:
How is Mavic better than Huret, Mafac and TA? It's all french.

The Ritchey is as rare as they come, especially with that style of bullmoose bar.

Did I mention NINETEEN EIGHTY ONE, and an authentic story start to finish?

I don't get the logic, don't vote for a Ritchey because a Ritchey has won in the past?

Almost all of these old brand names entered by different people every month - have won at some time or another...

I say let the chips fall where they may...win or lose I can live with outcome, and I am proud of all of the entrants.

The Ibis is sweet

That stump, is the first real attainable MTB for the Masses, and should be seriously considered based on historical significance...
:( I would have voted for the Ritchey, it is a great bike, but after reading this I'll choose another.

do it now not as if it's just about Ibis or Ritchey!! the other bikes are just as beautiful :D
Ross, Tesch, Muddies, Grove, Klein.... each is nicer than others.

to now my decision is ...:?
affe_verwirrt.jpg

Nader":35gpz22t said:
do it now not as if it's just about Ibis or Ritchey!! the other bikes are just as beautiful :D
Ross, Tesch, Muddies, Grove, Klein.... each is nicer than others.

to now my decision is ...:?]

Nader, glad you liked the Tesch, but it's out of the running for this month...should make your decision a little easier ;)

Steve

eastcoaststeve":74w17mf9 said:
..but it's out of the running for this month...
that's a shame but there are other months! ;)

tvcreative":74w17mf9 said:
My Ritchey is out. I have Shimano brake and derailleur cables.
really a shame but maybe it's a wise decision!;)
To me it isn't important whether a Ritchey has won the BoTM many times, more importantly is, how much individuality is in it, and I'm convinced in your Ritchey is a lot of it.
It certainly deserves a BOTM. :D

Ok ......cards on the table, pictures are Rado's, he put the bike together and all I did was pay him some money and enjoy it :D not a patch on some of the other bikes so far but every month should have a Fat ;)

Attachments

• wickedr_156-1.jpg
    wickedr_156-1.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 664
  • dsc0064lj.jpg
    dsc0064lj.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 663
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back