QR, chain tugs & horizontal drop outs on single speeders

carter711

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Greetings all,

I am building up (in the ordering parts phase atm) a carbon 16" 456 and want to SS it. I've ordered horizontal swap outs with it as I want a really clean and simple look.

I'll need to use chain tugs to take the slack out of the chain, my question is will I need on one on each side of can I get away with just on one the drive side?

I'm gonna be using discs (no choice!) and QR to hold the wheel on. I'm quite feisty on a bike and will be jumping off allsorts. Hope someone can help! :D

You can use just one and some do but id recommend getting 2 just in case as sometimes normally depending on the dropout types the wheel can pull.

Id expect this to be more common with carbon due to the lower torques involved.

Use 2 its easier to get the wheel in straight, use allen/hex key bolt up qr's, you can torque 'em higher.

Cheers for the help I've ordered 2, they don't come into stock until the 26th which is a pain but there you go!

This build should be pretty good and feather light for a razzing bike! I'll post up a build thread as the bits arrive it's about time I've been on here for about 2 years and built about 5 bikes!

Back