Let's see your road bike collections....

zeringer

Dirt Disciple
I know I have seen individual bikes posted in various threads, but how about posting one pic of each bike in your collection in one post if possible (or two+ for the true hoarders). :LOL:

It takes some time to build a post like this but I think it would be very interesting to see them all at a glance. There are so many amazing bicycles in the hands of members here. Let's see them!

I'll kick it off with my example...

2000 Pinarello Paris with Campy Record
IMG_7669.JPG

Early 90's Panasonic PR-6000 (in process of being built with Dura Ace)
IMG_1467.JPG

1989 Panasonic PICS Team Custom (NOS to be built eventually with Sante)
photo%25205%25282%2529.JPG

1989 Panasonic DX-1000 with mixed Shimano
DSCN1975.JPG

1988 Panasonic DX-5000 with Shimano 600 Ultegra
IMG_7596.JPG

1988 Panasonic DX-4000 with Shimano 105
IMG_0002.JPG

1986 Panasonic Team America with Dura Ace
IMG_9978.JPG

1986 Panasonic Team Japan with Suntour Superbe Pro
IMG_0473.JPG

1985 Panasonic Team with Shimano 600 EX
IMG_7692.JPG

1984 Panasonic DX-4000 with Shimano 600 (new to me, need to get better pics)
2012-04-14_11-46-51_771.jpg

1983 Panasonic AR-6000 Aero with Dura Ace AX (future resto)
IMG_8950.JPG

1991 Atala SLX frame and fork (in limbo really... future project?)
IMG_7186.JPG

WOW!

WOW! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That is a truly beautiful and amazing collection. Everyone a thoroughbred, how do you ever decide which one to ride?
I am really interested to hear how they ride and specific differences between them, thats as well as the story that each ones purchase must hold as well, though I fear with all that the Guv'ner would have to give you your own section ;)
I really liked your previous write ups so maybe you can drip feed the individual stories to us.
Truely lovely! made my night to see this standard of collection.

All the best
Jamie

Blue open pro's

I also like your choice of Blue open Pro rims, I have a set of NOS ones on the way for my Merckx. They seem to be getting thin on the ground and more and more expensive.

Jamie

Your ''1986 Panasonic Team Japan with Suntour Superbe Pro'' bike floats my boat :cool:

Got a friend who has a big collection of road bikes and when i get around to visiting him i'll photo them all and post them up on your thread if you don't mind ;)

Yes, that is an absolute impressive collection of Panasonics. You have road and MTB. No hybrids or other types of Panasonics?

Elev12k":vyhahvjd said:
Yes, that is an absolute impressive collection of Panasonics. You have road and MTB. No hybrids or other types of Panasonics?

Just road and mountain for me. Guess I'm a black & white kind of guy?

Re: WOW!

Jamiedyer":xv4v7g0u said:
WOW! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
That is a truly beautiful and amazing collection. Everyone a thoroughbred, how do you ever decide which one to ride?
I am really interested to hear how they ride and specific differences between them, thats as well as the story that each ones purchase must hold as well, though I fear with all that the Guv'ner would have to give you your own section ;)
I really liked your previous write ups so maybe you can drip feed the individual stories to us.
Truely lovely! made my night to see this standard of collection.

All the best
Jamie

Thanks Jamie,

90% of the time I ride to Pinarello to be honest. To quote Ferris, "It is so choice" :cool: Growing up with Panasonic bikes I always sort of wanted a high end Italian bike (just as I wanted a Ferrari) so when I finally graduated from college I built my modern dream bike. I had no budget in mind, just anything I wanted. The only requirement was that it needed to be built to last and be a good daily rider. I just carves up the miles and feels so solid (no flex). I still love it.

When I am not riding the Pinarello my next most frequent rider is the 1988 DX-5000. I bought it new and hopping on it feels very much like putting on an old favorite pair of jeans. The Prestige tubed frame is flexy and springy but nimble at the same time. It gives me large doses of deja vu as I ride and I'm transported back to the days of Kenny Loggins and bright fluorescent spandex jerseys.

Once completed I do plan on riding the PR-6000 a fair amount. I've wanted one of these since 1991 or so when I first learned of them and thanks to Melvin I have one. :D I had hoped to have had it done long ago but life got insanely busy with a new job and new wife etc. Bicycles sort of took the back-burner for a while.

The Team America is a bit like a hot date with a super-model. Everything about the bike is darn near perfect so you're afraid of going too fast and blowing it. ;) It is my first tubular equipped bike which added caution to my rides as I had to gain confidence in my ability to glue the tires to the rim. I have really only ridden this bike two or three times. The braking felt weak compared to my more modern bikes.

The Team Japan is pretty sweet. I always wanted a Superbe Pro equipped bike and had been trying to find a Team Japan for years. I just recently finished putting it back together so I've only done about 4 test/tuning miles but it reminds me of the Team America in many ways. The Dura Ace equipped Team America seems to feel a bit more refined, but some of that could still be in adjustments.... plus I'm just familiar with Shimano equipped bikes.

The '85 Team is pure nostalgia. It is a clone of the first Panasonic I owned back in 1985 at my 11th birthday. It has a much more solid and relaxed feel... almost leisurely compared to the Team bikes or DX-5000. It does seem to tighten up nicely at speed though and I am reminded of zooming down hills as a pre-teen back in the mid-eighties.

The '83 AR-6000 Aero is just pure funk. :cool: It feels rather massive quite honestly. It is a heavy bike compared to the others. Tange Aero tubing wasn't exactly light weight stuff. The Dura Ace AX components to feel a bit dated but they get the job done and look cool doing it. I feel as if I could broadside a bus on this bicycle and come out the victor. Crazy.

That's all I have time for at the moment but it should get you started. :D

Superbe Pro is very nice stuff. I have one complete groupset and the individual parts themselves are that nice that I will probably never fit them to a bike. Highly refined, light - excellent stuff to take in your hands and study.

Elev12k":2a7zv5oj said:
Superbe Pro is very nice stuff. I have one complete groupset and the individual parts themselves are that nice that I will probably never fit them to a bike. Highly refined, light - excellent stuff to take in your hands and study.

Melvin, this is not helping break my image of you as being a supreme hoarder. haha... keep it up and soon I'll be believing that you live in a large warehouse full of bicycle parts. :LOL:

Back