kona koa

thomas

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Firstly i will start with saying i can now officially post in the ---->1997 section. lol. :cool:

Ok, so i have purchased as titled a kona koa. Its a 1997. Ans as i am aware they only done these in 1995 96 and 97. Ive kind of got plans for it when it turns up. But im posting this as im interested in any pics of koa's and anything anyone wants to advise me before i start my project. Has anyone on here got one or owned one? Its an 18" frame in the burnt orange kind of colour with blue graphics. I have already got a set of period bomber z3 light forks for it and i intend of either full xt'ing it or full xtr depending on pennys. Im in no hurry at all. So xtr could be the kiddy.

Look forward to seeing anyone elses pics if anyone has done one.

Also, i read many reviews online and these seem to rate very high as a key point is its a very strong frame for and alloy. Keen to hear some personal opinions on here too.

Cheers, Chaps :)

i had a minty mint one in my possession for a while, i think the burnt orange is the nicest colour too :cool: :cool: :cool:

lovely bike so it was

Attachments

• koa_4_185.jpg
    koa_4_185.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 699
That is an awsome pic of an awsome koa. could you just fill me in on seat post size and front deralieur size please. cheers

derailleur was deffo 31.8, seatpost as a guess may be 27.0 but i would ask anthony for confirmation on that one.

sort of regretting selling it but i was going through an anti ally stage at that point :cry:

Back