Raleigh Mtrax Ti3000

Just been for a ride round the block to check gears, brakes and general feel of the bike and am very happy with it, but how long has that fork been round the wrong way. It's almost impossible for a sharp turn as my feet kept hitting the front wheel. The previous owner must have noticed.

Incidentally, are the bars alloy or titanium? They're not attracted by a magnet, but can't believe Raleigh would do Ti bars, even though they're painted the same colour as the Ti tubes.

Incidentally, are the bars alloy or titanium? They're not attracted by a magnet, but can't believe Raleigh would do Ti bars, even though they're painted the same colour as the Ti tubes.

They will probably be alloy.

Congrats on the purchase....looks in great nick.

The catalogue says the Mtrax Ti 2000, 3000 and 4000 all had titanium handlebars and if it's a '95 flavour, ti 3000 and 4000 where blessed with a titanium stem as well

Raleigh produced some nice bikes in the mid 90's

Keyf":1s0w68cd said:
Congrats on the purchase....looks in great nick.

The catalogue says the Mtrax Ti 2000, 3000 and 4000 all had titanium handlebars and if it's a '95 flavour, ti 3000 and 4000 where blessed with a titanium stem as well

Raleigh produced some nice bikes in the mid 90's

The above statement is true. I know, I specced them. :)

I think all the ti frames (1000 - 4000 and team) were all the the same build, it was just down to the component spec.

Acording to the brochures I have, (and the bikes I own) it goes a bit like this...

Ti1000 - mostly Alivio - Alesa Rims
Ti2000 - mostly STX - Botranger Rims
Ti3000 - mostly LX - Mavic 237's
Ti4000 - mostly XT - Mavic 237's

The Team Edition seemed to be specced as the Ti1000, but with titanium bars (cromo stem) and alloy seatpost.

I think...... :roll:

As with most makes of bikes there was possibly a bit of mix-n-match with the components in the shop that didn't always agree with the brochures' specs.

This Ti3000 has everything LX, Bontrager MXC3 rims on LX hubs, titanium alloy bars with a steel stem, steel seatpost. I think it's all as it was bought.

I have a ti1000, and I love it rides really well and the handle bars were steel.
Spec was:
Deore Hubs, brakes, rear & front Derailer
Alivio Cranks and shifters
Arya rims

All th eparts appeared original in there postioning so i reckon thats how it left the factory.

Tidied the bike up a bit to see what it looked like with the fork on properly and this is the result. Looks a lot better and I'm coming round to the idea of the front brakes behind the fork.

(following the original pics the Crudcatchers have been promised to bratfass and the purple Cateye computer to Dirtjumper-dmr)

Attachments

• IMG_2018.JPG
    IMG_2018.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 975
  • IMG_2017.JPG
    IMG_2017.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 975
Back