Merlin Ti Elevator FS | Update 1 (components)

bootiful frame. you lucky sod

how much travel do you get out of the rear? has anyone thrashed one of these for a number of years and it survived?

the design just seems to go against all conventions but if it's a merlin then it'll work i've no doubt

Not ridden myself its still very much a bare frame, but I would guess it is very much a softail with only a an inch or two. I think the article mentioned / linked above gives a good indication of its ride back in the day.

MRGRUMPY":11uo5dpf said:
bloody cool if it's 'just' a regular Merlin e-stay though.
I know of a non suspension merlin titanium 1 of 150 elevated titanium frame if anyones interested...

scant":w9qr72rf said:
MRGRUMPY":w9qr72rf said:
bloody cool if it's 'just' a regular Merlin e-stay though.
I know of a non suspension merlin titanium 1 of 150 elevated titanium frame if anyones interested...

Have you got any pictures and a price? :)

trickylad":2q6cdjxz said:
bootiful frame. you lucky sod

how much travel do you get out of the rear? has anyone thrashed one of these for a number of years and it survived?

the design just seems to go against all conventions but if it's a merlin then it'll work i've no doubt
About 1.75 inches, depending on the elastomer used and my old riding PAl thrashed his all over the World, did thousands of miles, France, Italy Spain, the Alps, all over the US, never missed a beat, the chainstays are solid wide flat 6/4 blades, so flex really easily. The downfall is the bounce, as no compression or rebound damping!

Yeah it looks nice, but probably a bit large for a 6ft'er like me and maybe a little out of my price range...

Back