MacRetro Newbies.... Introduce yourself here:

Hello all.. I'm just outside of Edinburgh and
Work permitting hope to hook up with some
Local retrobikers for a spin.. I'm a kona man
Hope to have a kona ready to off road soon :)

How do I get Mac retro status ;)

Cheers

Col :)

Ho Col theres a couple of Kona fans, well Rob is anyway. Would be good to see you on a ride soon, Macretro stsatus in conferred on those that put up with us for a ride. The east coasters/fifers seem to be having at least one ride a week! Get along to one of those.

We also have our bigger rides planned here

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176594

Thanks kaiser

Keen to hook up for off road.. Don't want to turn up on modern
Steed though :(
Hoping to be retro ready 2 weeks tops :)

Take it the east coast ride thread is the one to watch ?

Cheers

Col dont listen to that heathen Kaiser when it comes to quality/classic bikes he couldn'y pick his nose, you canny beat a steel Kona ;)

Welcome fellow Kona rider :LOL:

Yo Col welcome and like you say, keep an eye on the east-coast rides, something will be along shortly, can sometimes be pretty short notice too, so keep an eye out.

And don't let the lack of a ready to ride retro bike hold you back either.

Velo's retro down hill day in may is the next organized ride, (other than the torridon weekender next week) the downhiller will be at Innerliethen so not far from you. It will be on flat forest roads as opposed to a modern downhill course.

Thanks guys will hopefully get some miles in together soon.. :)

Worst case scenario i pop the knobblies on the lava dome and lose my filling's ;)

Cheers

I kept ending up on here through google searches and guessed there must be something for me here!

Richard of Bishopbriggs here.

Bit of a 'unusual bikes' person so apologies in advance.

Garage list:

- Rather tired but well loved 1996 Ralaigh M-Trax (which was rebadged as a 'Mercury' for reasons only known to the shop in liverpool i bought from) bought new - was used for touring. Just fixed up to a useable state

- Airnimal rhino. Yes.

- Paper bicycle with kids seats.

- Birdy folding bike with rolhof hub.

- Carlton corsair -1978 ish .. currently living at wheelcraft until they get around to fixing the bb.

- And a load of kids bikes.

Cheers all.

Back