Motobecane La Redoute Road Bike.

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi Guys,

Here is my Motobecane La Redoute 1983 Team replica.

Quite rare to find one in such good condition nowadays :cry:

Not been resprayed just a damn good cleaning and polishing of a few parts and several in-correct components replaced with the correct gear.

Spec' - Equipment.

Frame/Forks : Columbus SL.
Bottle cage - TA [complete with 'Team bottle']
Rims - Mavic SSC rims.
Hubs - Maillard/Spidel 36 hole small flange.
Freewheel - 13 -21 Maillard.
Spokes : Stainless steel.
Tubs - Veloflex Record.
Chainset - Stronglight 107 42t-53t [i've polished the crank arms]
Rear derailleur - Simplex SLJ aero6600. factory M "drilled" pulley cage plates.
Front derailleur - Simplex SLJ factory M.
Gear levers - Simplex 'Retro Levers'.
Chain - Sedisport black.
Pedals - ! not got any matching Spidel/quill pedals but use LOOK pedals as i ride this bike monthly.
Brakes/levers - Weinnmann Carrera 400.
Handlebar stem - Cinelli 1R.
Handlebars - Cinelli Crits.
Saddle - White Selle Turbo.
Seat post - Spidel factory M [longer flutes/alloy mounting bolts]

mbk019.jpg

mbk015.jpg

mbk014.jpg

mbk013.jpg

mbk012.jpg

mbk011.jpg

mbk007.jpg

mbk010.jpg

motobecane1003.jpg

motobecane1002.jpg

mbk009.jpg

mbk008.jpg

mbk006.jpg

motobecanesimplex004.jpg

motobecanesimplex003.jpg

motobecane1006.jpg

mbk016.jpg

MBK3002.jpg

mbk017.jpg

mbk018.jpg

Thanks for looking guys ;)

Very nice and glad to hear you still ride it. I especially like the way they finished the ends of the stays where they meet the dropouts.

Mark.

daccordimark":2e5x6qa3 said:
Very nice and glad to hear you still ride it.Mark.
I went on a VCC ride last year and whilst riding on it at the side of me was an old chap and he was talking about the nice
selection of vintage road bikes which had turned up, he then turned and looked at my bike...He replied
''Christ you've got a Paul Sherwen bike'' he then stopped me and asked to look over the bike and he
remarked that he has only seen such bikes in pictures and never in the flesh.

Just been looking at your Daccordi. Mark :cool: Really nice ;)

Ian.

Oh wow! Look at her now :shock: That is a stunning machine Ian.

I'm sure Ian won't mind me revealing that he brought the Motobecane from me. It was a lovely bike and I was confident he would be happy with it. I pride myself on the quality of the bikes I sell and always clean and service them but what Ian has done with this bike is an inspiration. For reference, and I hope you don't mind Ian, here are the pictures of the bike as it was when I sold it:

P1100447.jpg

http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/tt55 ... ipe%20Pro/

Nice one. I really should get my projects done!

Bike of the Month!

It's been a while since I've sat and stared at a rear derailleur as much as that Simplex... :cool:

Tel":1c7pb57b said:
Oh wow! Look at her now :shock: That is a stunning machine Ian.

I'm sure Ian won't mind me revealing that he brought the Motobecane from me. It was a lovely bike and I was confident he would be happy with it.
I pride myself on the quality of the bikes I sell and always clean and service them but what Ian has done with this bike is an inspiration.
For reference, and I hope you don't mind Ian, here are the pictures of the bike as it was when I sold it:
No worries Tel' ;) I'm always looking back at your original pictures of the bike.
Just wished the seat post could have been engraved as it would have looked knob on :shock:

Rich34":1c7pb57b said:
It's been a while since I've sat and stared at a rear derailleur as much as that Simplex... :cool:
That rear mech' is a dream shifting machine ! It changes so smoothly its unreal.
I sourced that mech' from a bike jumble for just a few quid, though the drilled cage was scratched badly so i removed the anodising and polished it like chrome.

I think i'm going to ride it this Saturday complete with the gear ! A bit like ''Back To The Future'' :LOL:

Ian.

What a great bike. I'll be very honest and say that in general, Motobecanes and Simplex etc. components don't do a lot for me - but this one is a beauty!

Good to hear that you ride it as well - that's what bikes are for :D

Very nice bike.
I have a La Redoute/Motobecane team rain jacket with a clear plastic No. pouch at the back.
Are you interested?
Also got a rear mech from the team, same as.
Nice bike though.

The mech I have is a little different as it has drilled jockey wheels and back plate.
Weight 176grms.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 7,242
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 7,242
Jockanese":6o0blzze said:
I have a La Redoute/Motobecane team rain jacket with a clear plastic No. pouch at the back.Are you interested?

Thanks for the 'likes' :)

How much would you be wanting for the rain coat ?

What size is it ? My jersey sizes are about X Large - XX Large :oops:

Your rear mech looks ace.

Cheers.
Ian.

Back