BoTM April 2012 - No ShimaNO Special - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giom6":hbs3y7ta said:
I would enter mine again but I've got an XT shark fin. I'm half tempted to remove it just for this month :) but would that be cheating?!?!

Do it! Your Zinn is Gorgeous. :)

Some great bikes, especially that red Ritchey.

andreaviola":22wf1b3o said:
wow....this month will be difficult to vote, I will have to choose according to the sentiment :D ....and is Ritchey!! :LOL:

So far this month this vote is going to be easy for me.

When was the last time we saw an Ibis, especially in that colour, and in such fantastic condition, but the true icing on the cake has to be the Mavic Components, when was the last time you saw so much Mavic all on one bike, and in near minty condition too.... :shock:

I love the Ritcheys, but we have had a Ritchey winner recently, so for this reason the Ritcheys are out of the running for me this month, unless something else equal or on par pops up........My Vote is firmly on the Ibis.

Magic...... :cool:

Ditto Sinnerman's comments....

Its too easy or common to just bung a load of Suntour stuff on. Not to say that any of the fine examples here are lazy at all, its just that full Mavic is something a bit special and out of the norm

G

I am proud of all of the entrants.

The Ibis is sweet

That stump, is the first real attainable MTB for the Masses, and should be seriously considered based on historical significance...

tvcreative":1u652ayk said:
How is Mavic better than Huret, Mafac and TA? It's all french.

The Ritchey is as rare as they come, especially with that style of bullmoose bar.

Did I mention NINETEEN EIGHTY ONE, and an authentic story start to finish?

I don't get the logic, don't vote for a Ritchey because a Ritchey has won in the past?

Almost all of these old brand names entered by different people every month - have won at some time or another...

I say let the chips fall where they may...win or lose I can live with outcome, and I am proud of all of the entrants.

The Ibis is sweet

That stump, is the first real attainable MTB for the Masses, and should be seriously considered based on historical significance...

:roll: I dont think i said, mavic was better, than the spec on your bike.. :?

And there is no logic, to the voting, its simply about choosing which you prefer, Hollisters ritchey got my vote, when it came up, great pics, great build, great bike, great story, and i even liked the colour, this time the Rare sight for me is the Ibis, and all that Mavic..., like with all the bikes entered each one is a deserved winner.

Your bikes gorgeous, just not my choice this month, sorry.

I would have like to have seen it before your started its painstaking recovery though, sometimes the journey you make with a bike, is as impressive as the bike itself.

:cool:

that "R" is a different animal than my "C"(that won back in '11)

and it has some very choice details

I have a matching front end, but sadly no frame to hang it on yet

hollister":300b3gfo said:
that "R" is a different animal than my "C"(that won back in '11)

and it has some very choice details

I have a matching front end, but sadly no frame to hang it on yet

Hollister, you are too Modest.

when i saw your bike win Botm just Over 3 months ago, Like the "Ibis" in this months Botm, it was like a Breath of fresh air to see (just like your pics)

Attachments

• shakedown057.jpg
    shakedown057.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 473
  • tc.jpg
    tc.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 473
Ductape":w6y42vb7 said:
Huelse":w6y42vb7 said:
1989 Ibis SS Kogler special edition with full Mavic VTT group (including seatpost), Mavic SSC pedals, DiaCompe brakes/levers, Maillard freewheel and Rohloff chain:

P1010752.jpg

P1010761.jpg

What a beautiful bike........That one would fit me...

I would never have thought to have put Mavic on an Ibis, But this really works for me, i like the pics, quality shots, and yet its a rider, and clearly being used.

Top Work, and i would love it in my size too.... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back