Rotec Pro Downhill Resto-Custom Build

Thanks for the update mate. We can wait, as long as it will get finished one day.

And to think I was chuffed I cut down a steerer and fitted some forks last weekend. :oops:

some rotec pics sorry don't work for some reason

Attachments

• rotec 01.gif
    rotec 01.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 4,222
  • rotec.gif
    rotec.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 4,222
Thanks for the pics 13. Reminds me of how much love I had for racing downhill in the late nineties. I packed up my bike and tools and moved to another city 800 miles away to live in a basement and be closer to the race scene. I wanted to work in the industry, but never could land a position. It wasn't until ten years later, I got so disgusted with the culture in architecture that I quit and started my own bike shop. After five years with the shop, I realized I still want to design bikes more than anything, so I'm starting a bike company. Better late than never!

Thought I would share one of the major sources for inspiration on this Rotec restoration.

I have been overhauling my Yamaha YZ250 this winter also.

Before:
HPIM2366.jpg

After:
HPIM2376.jpg

It is possibly the most highly modified 2005 yamaha yz250 in the world. My moto buddies call it the Frankenbike. If you are familiar with these bikes, try spotting some of the external differences.

There are parts on this bike from three other Yamaha models. The latest being 3rd, 4th, and 5th gears out of a WR450 since I just did a top and bottom end overhaul.

White Brothers was shut down for a week because of the Sea Otter Classic race. Eric said he was going to build my fork today. If so, I'll be able to do more assembly on the bike in a about a week.

The best bike i have ever laid my eyes upon.

And possibly the rarest.

Just a question though , have you had the bare polished aluminium
laqured in anyway to protect it?

Back