94 kona AA

dvatcmark

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I was just about to start my 95 kona AA build, when this turned up on my door step so I did the right thing and gave it a new home.

2012-04-17212018.jpg

it's virtually standard apart from the forks and tyres, the chainset is an SR rather than the original sugino impel but looks very similar and after a discussion on a different thead have been advised that sugino made some SR chain sets at the time so it may be a factory cross over. Either way I have an impel spare to return it to stock if needed.

So far all I've done is service the forks and give it a quick once over so I can take it out for a ride .

Original spec all the way. '94 Konas are some of my favourite bikes. This had Marzocchi (XC51?) IIRC.

The '94 Kula is on my 'must own at some point' list. If I can't find one, an AA would do nicely.

Really nice bike :cool:

Yeah this had xc51s originally, the manitous are probably a.better performing fork though but much ugler than the xc51 imho.

94 kula.....never even seen one, there must one out there. Although with a claimed frame weight of sub 3'5lb, I guess a lot may have snapped by now.

Nice AA.. Good few 95 kula's still going about and I'm sure
They were a gnats chuff lighter than the 94.. But now you mention it
I ain't seen any :(

take to local trail. Ride. enjoy.

dont change anything yet....

for the record, i had one of these with XC51s. They were cack. Maybe if it'd had a much nicer fork like this manitou i'd have kept it a bit longer

I still don't understand if you have two AAs. The first line of the thread reads like you were about to start a project, but you got another bike instead.

Mx

Maxipedia":3spxlsu8 said:
I still don't understand if you have two AAs. The first line of the thread reads like you were about to start a project, but you got another bike instead.

Mx

I just couldn't turn this bike down, the other AA frame will be hanging up for a while now.

I see. I was afraid I was an idiot who can't understand correctly. :)) Why don't you build two of them? If you have the space you can have double the fun...

Mx

I just got one of these the other day. Mine has V brakes mounted but it doesn't have a cable guide boss on the top tube towards the seatpost.

Does yours? I can't quite see?

I currently have some tektro clamp that acts as the cable guide boss. Any other ideas run V brakes without this ugly clamp???

Back