1990 Muddy Fox Courier Comp

My mate had the blue Pathfinder of the same year...I do remember the stems on these being silly long and very low rise, made for pretty slow/heavy steering & control.

Great bike though...those tyres look like the original MF ones as well

Stunningly Attractive, clean and Original, I love those frames that come with matching stem/fork combis :)

my first MTB!
mods I remember doing (not in order)

FlexiStem
Mavic MA40's (hard to get tyres on/off)
BLT light system

well, it was a nice ride for me back in the day.-.........................

That bike is so.......... :cool: Been looking for a late 80's version myself... Love the colour and going by the pics looks mint... :D

Neil G":3e0gmlbj said:
Amazing....I remember getting my MF courier back on Christmas day 1990, was my first proper MTB!

Served me well but didn't stay in original condition...I do remember changing the forks for some Kona Track 2s and installing some Syncros bits.

Snap!

I too got my neon dream machine on Christmas day, and I thrashed it to within an inch of its life. Everything was upgraded (the components really werent up to the abuse that the scottish highlands could throw at it) apart from the forks and the seat post quick release. mavic M4s with dx hubs, Xt thumbies, DX mech, deore brakes, turbo saddle, velocity stem, etc etc then I resprayed it blue, sold it to my mate, it got nicked and i had to go to the polis station and point out all my old bits, which were spread over 4 dodgy rebuilds that were found in the dirty scumbags shed. Dont think it ever got rebuilt (maybe i should get in touch with my mate, see if its in his folks loft..)
That is an amazingly original example, ive been wondering if anyone had one of these lurking around, always felt bad for defiling that paintjob. It looks fantastic, what a score!

Back