KTM - AMP B3 frame and F3 forks 1995

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
So my new frame and forks are now with me and I’m on with putting it together. I’m not doing a full restoration until summer is over and I can spend some time on the frame etc so for now a quick clean with some T-cut (its all I had) on the frame and forks. The brakes, bars and stem in place and I’m liking the look already.

Sorry for the very poor pictures but I will do some better ones when its stops raining.

http://brian07900.pinkbike.com/album/19 ... Race-Line/

main.php

main.php

main.php

Cheers Brian.

I would also say, it's not a 96 - 96 was with blue decals and the Race Line had AMP disc brakes all way round and an AMP F4 fork.

as far as I can remember the 95 Race Line had those red ano brakebooster like yours, but only at the rear, front was AMP disc :roll: let me dig out that years infos from KTM to be 100 % sure.

I ow you the scans, did not forget, but busy at the moment :oops:

Wouldn't the twin tubes indicate that it's a B2 frame? Not that it matters, they are beautiful classic frames. Never seen the KTM variant over here (US). Is the rear brace the AMP version?

The bike so far. The BB sorted for now, seat and seat post on there way and the wheels should be here soon, they are AMP front hub and XT rear on Mavic 517`s ( that is if stevetait ever gets to the post office to send them ) :shock:

The green pedals are all I have for now but I will have to change them for something red or silver or black or something. ???

main.php

abailcb":tmy188tg said:
Wouldn't the twin tubes indicate that it's a B2 frame? Not that it matters, they are beautiful classic frames. Never seen the KTM variant over here (US). Is the rear brace the AMP version?
Its a B3 and its a single downtube. Look further up and you´ll see it :)

IRIX":1zyk6bdn said:
abailcb":1zyk6bdn said:
Its a B3 and its a single downtube. Look further up and you´ll see it :)

Right!!! Brilliant attention to detail on my part....... Thanks

main.php

Bit of an up date, so the wheels have arrived and on the bike, so it now has an AMP front hub XT rear with mavic rims that look very nice. Fitting a turbo to it tomorrow, so just the front mech to sort out, I'm fitting a temp so the bike will have its first outing at the Skipton meet this Sunday. Sorting the dreaded suntour canti brakes out tonight.

Cheers Brian.

Back