Concorde Squadra TSX + C Record

So this implies it could very be the most northerly PDM Concorde on mainland Britain. Even more reason for your fellow-Retrobikers to be jealous :LOL:

Re: Hi mate

Jamiedyer":3a9pdvo1 said:
Hi mate
Yes, its very open up here :LOL: If you look down the road, on the left is Dunnett piont, the most northerly piont of mainland Britain and on the left is the island of Hoy.
I agree wholeheartedly that its needs a nicer rear mech, even if it worked perfectly, it just doesn't fit. Otherwise it rides really nice and fits perfectly.
Thank you once again as it really wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for you. Myself and the karma gods owe you big time ;)

Jamie

I thought it looked familiar, I was up there just before Easter. Those "flagstone" fences are a particular feature of the Caithness landscape.

Mark.

Sorry to hi-jack slightly, but, I'd be interested to know what your plan is with the broken cable adjuster as I have the same thing on a mech I was hoping to use. The threaded section of the adjuster has sheared off and as a reult remains stuck inside the mech... I was thinking of trying to drill it out with a very thin drill bit, and a steady hand of course

grilla":5doso60g said:
Sorry to hi-jack slightly, but, I'd be interested to know what your plan is with the broken cable adjuster as I have the same thing on a mech I was hoping to use. The threaded section of the adjuster has sheared off and as a reult remains stuck inside the mech... I was thinking of trying to drill it out with a very thin drill bit, and a steady hand of course

take the pointed side of a small file where the handle should slip on. this should be square in section and tapering. insert into the broken threaded adjustor, give it a couple of gentle taps with a hammer, with some pressure you should get enough purchase to rotate the broken adjuster. once it's 3-4mm out, use a hack saw to cut a notch either side of the diameter, then use a flat bladed screw driver to unscrew the remainder.

Rear mech

The Veloce rear mech adjuster has snapped just in the thread, sound the same as above. I was just going to use an easy out to turn it through the threads and get out the last bit. I am not a Campag person as I always tend to run Shimano so this wont go in the spares box it will just get given to someone who might need it. It doesnt fit with the rest of the components and was used when the previous owner upgraded to 9 speed. It works, just, for the moment so it will get changed once I get a few other things sorted, probably keep it 9 speed for short term and fit whatever shiny ;) mech presents itself, chorus, record etc. Eventually will put it back to C Record like the rest but will need hubs and brake levers, already have a set of downtube shifters on the way.
Once I am ready to put it back to C Record I will completely strip it and polish everything, maybe touch up the frame but definately no respray just a sympathetic rebuild leaving its patina/battle scars.

Jamie

Nice one, Jamie. Still got my 'Kelly' PDM jersey from '89 :D. It's a small world indeed - I'm booked up for three days in Castletown in just over a week for a couple of days fishing. Will keep the eyes peeled for a fast-moving Concorde :D.

Back