1987 Panasonic MC-6500

zeringer

Dirt Disciple
It just recently arrived so I haven't had the opportunity to go through it yet and make it all "proper". I'll post additional photos once I'm done with the rehab work but here is one as it arrived.

IMG_1881.JPG

Nice bike.. you don't see a lot of higher end old Panasonic bikes around. I'd love to have one of those 1991/1992 MC Team bikes. Awesome white/blue paintjob en they really look cool.

Never seen one around though, let alone one for sale. Mostly you see the lower end MC ones here in Holland (MC 2500 etc).

Void(EN12-82)":2ribbvut said:
Nice bike.. you don't see a lot of higher end old Panasonic bikes around. I'd love to have one of those 1991/1992 MC Team bikes. Awesome white/blue paintjob en they really look cool.

Never seen one around though, let alone one for sale. Mostly you see the lower end MC ones here in Holland (MC 2500 etc).

I could not agree more. I would simply LOVE one of those. Sadly, they don't exist here in the States at all due to Panasonic ceasing sales after 1989.

With that said, I DO own a 1989 MC Team Custom (a special order PICS/POS bike) that will finally be arriving at my home in about ten days. I have owned it for probably a year and a half at this point but it has been stuck collecting dust in my friend's garage out in Denver, Colorado. I made arrangements to get it back here so I could clean it up. Of course, it's arrival will likely mean I'll need to part with the MC-6500 in order to make some room. I'm up to my eyeballs in bikes here lately. :shock:

Void(EN12-82)":3fudbqtn said:

I've seen one being offered on our local classified site, but that is already 5-6 years ago. Doubt it ever sold btw. I've seen multiple MC-Experts and that kind of stuff. I encounter a MC-Comp every day, but that is in my own shed. Of MC-6500's I have seen many, but of course not that old as Zeringer's. The later MC-6500's are DX bikes.

With roadbikes there is more choice. We're lucky our country was the home of the Panasonic team, so relatively many very serious thoroughbreds around. In that same cool Panasonic team-paint. I scored 5 over the years.

Elev12k":4pmw6c78 said:
With roadbikes there is more choice. We're lucky our country was the home of the Panasonic team, so relatively many very serious thoroughbreds around. In that same cool Panasonic team-paint. I scored 5 over the years.

Hi, I'm Melvin and I have a bicycle hoarding problem. LOL

Pathetic Spy photo?

Perhaps one of the worst bicycle photos I've seen, but this is what I am awaiting the arrival of soon. 1989 MC-Team Custom (PICS special order)

IMG_0899.JPG

It is too small for me I am certain. Still a very rare bike and exciting to get my hands on.

That paintjob looks very :cool:

Get some better pics up after you get the bike...

I'm looking for one of those Team bikes also for a long time. Never seen them turn up and I guess I missed that one 5 years ago. I still have some M900 components for when I do find one (or when I get a sh*tload of money I dunno what to do with, I'll just get a KLEIN Adroit hehe) ;-)

Dennis

Void(EN12-82)":2ym4nnel said:
I'm looking for one of those Team bikes also for a long time. Never seen them turn up and I guess I missed that one 5 years ago. I still have some M900 components for when I do find one (or when I get a sh*tload of money I dunno what to do with, I'll just get a KLEIN Adroit hehe) ;-)

Dennis

I am normally a Panasonic road bike collector. I bought my first Panasonic mountain bike ('88 MC-5500) several years ago just because I had never had one and the price was right. The same can be said for the MC-6500 I posted in this thread. I thought the paint scheme was cool on the 6500, and being the 2nd best bike in the MC lineup for '87 meant it wasn't likely going to be a crappy bike. ;)

The MC Team Custom was a truly lucky find. I spotted it on Denver, Colorado Craigslist several years ago without any photos and a poorly written description. I thought perhaps it was an MC-7500 model which I had been looking for but it turned out to be a MC Team Custom. Darn. :LOL:

The only mountain bike I really want (aside from a 92 MC Team) is an '88 MC-7500. I missed out on the one pictured below by a few dollars, which hurts, but I'd prefer a slightly larger frame anyway.

20080906__1016.jpg

Back