British Steel Social Ride - FoD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
This is just to kick off an idea.

I'm thinking of a meet especially for those with British hand made frames. As we see so many superb build threads, it would be nice to get some of these bikes all in one place.

Of course, all would be welcome, British or not steel or not.

As it would be nice to have a social / riding meet, as opposed to a hardcore lung busting rock climbing vomit inducing thrash, I am thinking that the Forest of Dean would be a good spot, for any number of reasons, not least because I really used to enjoy riding there and because it's only an hours drive from my house.

No date yet, but as we get a measure of interest, then hopefully we can firm things up.

Mods: If I've put this in the wrong slot, then apologies in advance, but as this covers more than one region, I thought this would be the best place.

So, hand up please, and let's get the ball rolling.

Oooh, yeah.

Be nice to ride without all the aluminium/foreign/mass produced riff raff.

Count me in, depending on date!

Of course !!

Depending on date!

Can lend another to a trusted rider too :cool:

I'm completely open to suggestion regarding date.

I thought we could get a measure of interest first..... plus it gives me time to finish and shake down the Diabolo :oops:

I'd be for that if I can get the Zinn dialed in a bit better, if not could always bring the Saracen along if its finished.

It would be great to see all those lovely bikes in one spot!

If we planned it enough in advance I could make a weekend of it as I've not spent much time round that part of the country.

dependant on dates/work load and the usual family dramas, im in... :cool:

i may know a couple of like minded members that would like to join the ride, if they havnt got british steel, i can lend a couple.

matthew71":2wdxsu0n said:
theredchili":2wdxsu0n said:
Count me in - if you need any help arranging routes etc , pm me as its my back garden !

do you have a english hand built frame ? :LOL:

NeilM":2wdxsu0n said:
Of course, all would be welcome, British or not steel or not.

I have two british bikes, one hand made , though modern not retro :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back