Zinn Z-Centaur – Photo update - Page 6

Giom6":3j08dqyw said:
Worth it though as its just how I wanted it...just don't tell the misses :)

But how do you explain all those lovely boxes arriving in the post?
Seriously, please tell me how :)

Get them all sent to your work address and then store them where she never looks :D

Worked for me, although like most women, I think she knows, she just doesn't say anything until she needs to...

My desk at work looks like a second bike shop at the moment :?

Giom6":2azb12h4 said:
but I would really rather go with you to be honest... :D

We must do that.

Not sure how soon the DB will be road, sorry, dirt worthy, but with a little luck the Diabolo should not be too long in the building. Alternatively, there is always my beloved Zaskar.

Ohh, what about a British Steel Social? :shock:

NeilM":20b8zzws said:
Ohh, what about a British Steel Social? :shock:

Great idea, I'm sure there would be a few others interested in that, especially Carl and Adrian. We should try and organise something though. It would be awesome to see all those lovely bikes in one place.

Any new on the DB? Do you know how long it will take for them to do the frame?

I'm still collecting parts for mine so might be a while till I get round to starting it, especially with the Saracen on the go too...

Giom6":37cb503i said:
Get them all sent to your work address and then store them where she never looks :D

Worked for me, although like most women, I think she knows, she just doesn't say anything until she needs to...

My desk at work looks like a second bike shop at the moment :?

Unfortunately I'm only in the office 2-3 days a week and it's often empty for large parts of the day :(

So far I'm just about managing to offset what I'm spending by selling stuff - well within £200-300 anyway ;)

It is easy to spend lots of money on builds as I'm finding out with the D.O.G.S B.O.L.X but the Saracen i'm doing is going to be cheapish NOS build (hopefully :?), its just having the patience to source the stuff.

Giom6":oh8ubw7t said:
Great idea, I'm sure there would be a few others interested in that, especially Carl and Adrian. We should try and organise something though. It would be awesome to see all those lovely bikes in one place.

I'm still collecting parts for mine so might be a while till I get round to starting it, especially with the Saracen on the go too...

We've got three threads in the offing here.

DB: They have it, but no news yet. They have my numbers and e-mail address and once the paints been stripped they're going to give me a call... or I'll call them :roll:

BSS: The Diabolo is giving me some small headaches at present, but won't be long, and all things being equal, I should be picking up an Orange P7 this weekend for my son. I don't know where everyone lives, but if we were going to have a gathering and then a decent FUN ride (I'm old and unfit, so you have to allow for my zimmer frame), then I think the Forest of Dean would be a good spot, not least because Daj could probably bring a fleet of Brit steel and it's also just down the road for Sinnerman.

Parts: Many of the DB's part are going to be new (expensive), so slowly but surely is going to be the way. As for my wife, she really doesn't care what I buy, bless her.

NeilM":2alemdjj said:
Giom6":2alemdjj said:

We've got three threads in the offing here.

DB: They have it, but no news yet. They have my numbers and e-mail address and once the paints been stripped they're going to give me a call... or I'll call them :roll:

BSS: The Diabolo is giving me some small headaches at present, but won't be long, and all things being equal, I should be picking up an Orange P7 this weekend for my son. I don't know where everyone lives, but if we were going to have a gathering and then a decent FUN ride (I'm old and unfit, so you have to allow for my zimmer frame), then I think the Forest of Dean would be a good spot, not least because Daj could probably bring a fleet of Brit steel and it's also just down the road for Sinnerman.

Parts: Many of the DB's part are going to be new (expensive), so slowly but surely is going to be the way. As for my wife, she really doesn't care what I buy, bless her.

BSS: Forest of Dean sounds good to me. I would need to book it well in advance so that my partner has some help looking after the twins. May be we should start a thread in the Rides section and see if anybody is up for it.

Parts: Tell me about it, its turing out more expensive than the Zinn - which wasn't the idea but may be it deserves it – thats how I justify it anyway! :)

Oooh la la, That is one sexy bike, your attention to detail is exquisite. If I could have an affair with any bike on here, it would be yours. :D

Back