Demon Frameworks mtb, pro pics on page 14! update 25/12/21

I like that dude..though it's a bit more primary than i was thinking

forgive the content of the following pics, its the colours I'm trying to portray..

IMAG0424.jpg

HF8V4D-F458.jpg

SAM_3921.JPG

I like the green idea, although personally I am not 100% sure that those gold royce hubs you want wouldnt clash like anything with it if you bought them to go with the green frame assuming you succefully manage to justify them :shock: (for the record, I dont think I could ever justify that much on hubs alone, but thats just me :LOL:)

The gold hubs would work, I think, if you did gold lugs with black tubing, but then are you going to let the hubs decide on the frame colour or vice versa? How much influence would the gold have on the frame colour. If none and you get the green frame, then I refer to my first paragraph.

So having chatted with Tom a bit recently i know he has now ordered the actual tubing for my frame, i am still struggling with colour choice but i think i have rounded it down to 2 options, either metallic green or metallic blue, both medium shades, i stopped by a couple of car garages to look at some bright colours in the flesh as the motor trade tends to do metallics i thought it was a good place to start. the 3 places i stopped at were really helpful and got me the paint codes, i don't know if they would be the same codes as used by the eventual painters of the frames but i think it doesn't hurt to get the codes and pass them on even if they can just look at the colour as a guide for their codes.

also i have decided not to have the poncey gold hubs from Royce, mainly because i was gonna use my reba forks from my clockwork but i have found that the stanchions are worn meaning i needed them replacing, TF tuned have quoted £400 to sort them out but i managed to get an OE (i think) reba for £275 so i have decided i'll use that but i will get the old lowers painted anyway and look out for a mint 2nd hand reba as a donor for the crown, i have seen good pairs go on ebay for 150 ish so then i'll refit the painted reba after being serviced so it will all match nicely.

i will still go for Royce hubs though, likely with their new QR's.

i have also started collecting other bits, most components i have decided will be silver appart from the sunset rims :cool:

Attachments

• demon parts.jpg
    demon parts.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,282
  • demon parts2.jpg
    demon parts2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,282
  • demon parts3.jpg
    demon parts3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,282
I've just had my frame powdercoated at armoutex and while i was there the guy serving me showed me a really nice metallic green powdercoat they can do. this can be topped with sparkly laquer.

the only prob is that they are in hackney. perhaps you could ask them to send you a sample.

Andy R":2sul6i5l said:
Rim brake rims with disc hubs??

i don't like disc rims, i prefer the look of unused shiny brake surface, it's like having a rim strip, my st4 and clockwork and evo are all like this.

regards paint, i know who'll be painting it and regardless of what i choose i know the quality will be spot on.

not too long now, the due date was the end of may, ready to be built for mayhem so should give me a couple of weeks to get used to it. the tubing has been ordered and i have seen some designs, changed a few things to suit the build better, so far things are on time.

:)

Back