1984? paganini super corsa *finished*

Rich34":nzuhph7q said:
That is stunning, and I'm tempted to try the rattle-can-in-the-garage approach too - CBT Italia in Cuneo have just quoted me 500 Euros to respray my Gilco-tubed CBT... Shocked I'm sure they'd do a beautiful job and I'd love to be able to say that it was re-done by the factory, but when I see results like yours you have to wonder...

if it last 12 months I will be happy but dont forget you get what you pay for ,as nice a job it is the profesionals job will blow this out of the water,

daccordimark":nzuhph7q said:
Looking fabulous, I hope you get those Campag brakes on as they will finish it off nicely. Nigel at Campyoldy has NOS brake lever hoods if you feel like splashing out. I'm intrigued by the cable clips on the top tube though. Does the outer cable not run all the way through the tube?

Mark.
unfortunatly not it should have cable stops where the cable go into the frame, eventualy I will have some brazed on but this works for now,
Lee.

Good point Mr Lee: I'm sure a rattlecan job is nowhere near as good as a pro job - especially if I'm the one holding the can... I was just surprised at the quoted cost as my local bike place has quoted 150 Euros. But in defence of CBT Italia I suppose they would have to slot ad hoc jobs in between production of their current models so the costs and planning are on a different scale altogether.

A quick inspirational update as there's now another early paganini on the forum, the other model is a super corsa and it looks identical to mine.

Managed to aquire a pair of wheels as the ambrosio monty's are shot, there record hubs on fiamme tubs also found the adjusters for the the calipers,I just need some campy hoods to finish the parts off.

At least I can start the reconditioning of all the campy sr parts now
I can feel the excitment building up inside, watch this space.

IMAG2142.jpg

IMAG2145.jpg

Hoods have arrived but just noticed the rear pads are not the same as the front pads so just need to find a pair of them now, also find the rest of the bar tape and swap the cassette,
its coming together, finally.

IMAG2193.jpg

All parts are here now so time to finish this off, waiting for some metal polish
then im going to back track and strip her back down and go through every thing one piece at a time.
Also im having a slight change to the paint as im having the three front corners paint faded the pantos re-done and then finally lots of laquer.
It seems to fit as all the paganini's I have seen are three tone (chrome/colour/colour).
be back soon.
Lee.
IMAG2198.jpg

very lovely indeed, absolutely love all the pantos, especially the one on the headtube!

Nearly makes me want to put my paganini back to retro bits!

A bike of refined features, the seat stays are so elegant at the seat cluster. Out of curiosity will you be lacquering yourself, or having it professionally done?

grilla":1j2bnsbo said:
A bike of refined features, the seat stays are so elegant at the seat cluster. Out of curiosity will you be lacquering yourself, or having it professionally done?

Hi grilla, i'm going to have it professionally lacquered so that its been baked, it should last a bit longer then, cheers for the positive comments,
Lee.

Back