FTW Industries - Urban Assault!

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
OK, just a dedicated thread to the final pics on this......all taken on the bimble home this evening...

FTWshoes.jpg

FTWGrafittiKing.jpg

FTWGrafittiKing6.jpg

FTWGrafittiKing5.jpg

FTWGrafittiKing4.jpg

FTWGrafittiKing2.jpg

FTWdownonthedock.jpg

And finally a big thank you to Gil_m and Beep Beep for the help with the decals...

FrankWadeltonDecal.jpg

I swapped the Brooklyn pedals for SPD's for my first proper commute on it, I like my SPuDs. Also swapped the Ringle Holey seat collar for a modern Hope one as the seat tube kept slipping with the former.

Think I've over done it today, took it easy but haven't been on a bike properly for a very long time..... time to burn off the spare tyre around my mid-riff!

It handles amazingly well, feels more like a mountain bike to a road bike, it's a mix of geometry between the two as I want to be able to take the bike off road as well with out any problems. Plenty of mud clearance fore and aft, can't fault it.

Here's the run down:

Frame: FTW Columbus Bespoke
Fork: FTW Columbus Bespoke
Headset: Hope integrated
Stem: Ringle Zooka inc Chris King headset spacers
Handlebar: Race Face Air-Alloy
Grips: Oury Lock-ons with Brooklyn Machine Works end caps
Brakes: Paul Component Moto-Lites (the rear has a Cog Hog as opposed to a metal tube)
Brake Pads: Kool Stops
Brake Cables: Gore Ride On fully sealed
Brake Levers: Altek with Tioga brake boots
Shifters: Dura Ace thumbies mounted on Paul Components thumbie-mounts
Front Derailleur: M900 XTR
Rear Derailleur: Modern XT with Cog Hog
Derailleur Cables: Gore Ride-On fully sealed
Cassette: SRAM DH cassette
Chain: SRAM
Cranks: L&M XC cranks
Crank Bolts: Middleburn
Chainrings: Middleburn
Chainring bolts: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: XT
Pedals: Shimano Spd thingies and Brooklyn Shin Burgers depending on the mood.
Hub Skewers: Ringle Cam-twists
Rims: DT Swiss TK540 29'ers
Hubs: Royce
Nipples: DT Swiss
Spokes: DT Revolutions
Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon Dureme
Tubes: Schwalbe
Saddle: Brooks Swift
Seatpost: Ringle Moby
Seatpost Binder: Hope (was originally a Ringle Holey & cam-twist)
Plus the Ringle H2O bottle cage.

Still not liking that saddle the rest of the bike is stunning tho. Guess brooks saddles are one of those things, you either get it or you dont.

poweredbypies":2r4fgk27 said:
Still not liking that saddle the rest of the bike is stunning tho. Guess brooks saddles are one of those things, you either get it or you dont.

I know what you're saying, it was a long and hard decision choosing between a Flite or a Brooks..... I chose the path less walked to see what they're like, not bad so far admittedly but not as comfy as a Flite....yet, bedding -in time at the moment.

Those forks look better every time I see them, love the slender and delicate look of them. Are they franks aswell?

Ignore me I'm a muppet should have read rather than just looked at the piccys :facepalm:

Back