1990 marin bear valley

dkdaz

Retro Guru
I got this from my local cash converters, after eyeing it up for a couple of weeks.

Part of me was wishing it would sell, partly because I knew if it didnt I would have to have it!!

Its a 17.5 inch, and (pretty sure) 1990 vintage. Its in VGC, and seems to be completely original, except the wheels dont match whats in the catalogue. It has black araya RX-7 rims, exage rear hub, but a suzue front hub. Exage 400 groupset.

The bike looks like it has hardly seen any use, so its hard to see why the wheels may have changed. Does look better with black rims though!

It still has the original foam grips, lycra covered seat, and pimples on the Marin pro-combo tyres.

So, after a thorough clean, a quick blast with a black aerosol to cover some minor scratches on the seat post, here it is.

Attachments

• P4150218.JPG
    P4150218.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,383
  • P4150217.JPG
    P4150217.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,377
very very jealous.

I'd happily buy this off you at the drop of a hat.

It was the first mtb I ever rode, way back in late 89/early 1990. The one I rode had the black rims the same as this, and I'm pretty sure it was 400LX all the way thru...

Did I mention I'm very jealous.?? There's a guy in this little village here with one, and he refuses to sell it to me... and it's absolutely mint..

:cool:

cheers guys.

i had a 90 palisades, then a 91 eldridge.

ive love these older grey marins. reminds me of the 'proper' mountain biking days before suspension and trail centres!!

just open hills to explore.........

Cash Converters !
Bloody hell.
Very nice find.

I'm after a pale grey 1990 / 1991 one myself. But a fancy one. Not the Palisades that my parents very generously got me : )

Very nice find :cool:

Didn't the 90 BV have a darker zolatone to the rest of the range? Also, the 90's had white decals with the 91's colour coded right? Do the seat stays say 'Race Bred' or 'Afterburner'? Think RB was 90, AB 91. :?

Serial number should tell all I guess.

Back