Help required to identify old track/path frame

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
picked up this frame set from Mooster a few months back and just starting to get it ready for putting back together and , thought i would try the combined retrobike id crews brain power to poss put a makers name to it .

no frmae numbers anywhere on frame that can be seen through paintwork , pulled forks out and the only markings on stearer tube is what looks like L 4 which ties up with the L 1 found on the bottom bracket shell chainwheel side at 8 o clock position . rr brake bridge not drilled .

nice lug work as can be seen in pics , tips the scales around the 4.25 kg so not extra light but then saying that forks are lighter than a set of quality 90's set .

seat tube dia looks to be 27.2 size so std ish 531 tubing .

anybody any ideas

Attachments

• track1.jpg
    track1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 679
  • track3.jpg
    track3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 679
its gone to lbs today to have flip flop equipped wheel built up along with bottom bracket and head set cleaned and re greased .

cant believe no info re identification !

Cryptic Reply from Roadking.

A response to your (apparent) exasperation!

Knowledge is not what you find on the web, at least that's what us older guys know.

We like a little feedback, so when we don't get it (geddit?), we don't therefore give our knowledge away.

Cryptic I know.

Roadking.

roadking and all others

wish i could put more info down but there are no other visible marks or markings . with a bit of luck mr Adkins snr will be in lbs when i collect and he has a wealth of knowledge of older frames etc etc .

but if any ideas are lurking please voice

not sure about that will ask next time i see him , initails are C E if that helps .

updated 16/03 no he was only a leisure cyclist not a competitive one

just a quick update , back from lbs at weekend . who have done a great job on wheel build , will have to keep a close eye on its alignment as not much clearance .

have quickly bolted a set of bars,pedals,saddle and a fr brake along with fr wheel and a pr of tyres so i could get a spin round block whilst i wait arrival of parts to finish it off .

Back