Another zaskar build. 91 ? Stripped but not dead

Thanks Mikee,

It's not far off perfect, saddle has seen better days though.

One day I'll get the decals made up and maybe get you to have a look at the hanger situation and see if you can come up with something.

Hanger is currently held on by the q\r as the original non replaceable hanger was snapped off when I got the frame. Maybe mill :? the frame to take a replaceable hanger ?

Nothing changed from last photo but I'm on the lookout for black u-brake, cranks and rear mech for it (all xt).

Smoke and Dart with skinwalls instead of the Porcs might be happening as well. Yay or nay ?

It's going to look nice with less silver at the back.

I got new tyres for the Zaskar today ( thanks Splatter Paint :D )

100_0833.jpg

Very nice, you need proper walled tyres with these bikes.

Stick with the DX, I've just taken the xt mechs off my 91 zaskar and put DX on... If you want rid of those cranks, pls let me know

That's a sweet looking ride.

Loved the family photo: I remember doing the Bristol charity rides with my little bloke when he was not much bigger than that (he's now 24 and just over 6 foot tall).

Re: Another zaskar build. 91 ? Stripped but not dead.

Been stripped now. Just thought I'd stick a wee picture up since photobucket lived up to their name.

The parts will help many others live the dream.

The rear smoke tyre is just tread and threads now, it ended up back on the porcupine tyres and just never looked or felt the same.

https://flic.kr/p/EtbenT

Back