1965 Mercian - modern build

Mowgli

Old School Hero
I have almost finished building my girlfriends bike, based around a 1965 Mercian frame. It's an unusual build and not one for the purists, but she had quite a precise idea of what bike she wanted - bull horn bars for example, yet bar mounted shifters as well (hence the Pauls Thumbies mounts). Will have to see how that little quirk works out.

Made the mistake of buying a bargain Royce/DT Swiss front wheel, only to have to then have a custom built matching rear - any savings on the front quickly got re-invested! It's a good set of wheels though which should last a lifetime.

Still need to sort out derailleurs, pedals, a nice brass bell and a chrome cable stop for the downtube, but it's almost there!

P1060695.JPG

P1060696.JPG

P1060701.JPG

P1060698.JPG

P1060702.JPG

P1060699.JPG

P1060697.JPG

P1060700.JPG
[/img]

A lot of people think chrome clamp on cable guides suck :roll: Well i'll tell you they look very smart on this Mercian.

Is it to have chrome clamp on gear levers ? again this will look nice too.

As your bike will be touch of old school and modern this bell wouldn't look out of place.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XLC-Brass-Ret ... 161wt_1037

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back