1994 Kona Lava Dome

jacoborf":1ymxef89 said:
Thanks!

Decals are from "gil_m" Master of Decals user.

Now collecting parts for build up...

Props to gil_m!! He did mine too and shipped them over to me in North America! VERY HAPPY! Build looks great!

Chickenball":1x1r606m said:
jacoborf":1x1r606m said:
Thanks!

Decals are from "gil_m" Master of Decals user.

Now collecting parts for build up...

Props to gil_m!! He did mine too and shipped them over to me in North America! VERY HAPPY! Build looks great!

Like I said: Master of Decals ;-)

Thank you!

You have a nice fleet and projects to do also..

Cheers

punkerjon":6r3txzm2 said:
Nice job with the repaint! Decals look awesome! No Project Two stem?
A quick question. Do you know what size the seat post is? I ask because I have a '94 Humu and some lowlife ripped my post and saddle tonight while I was grabbing an order of fried rice to go. I assume our frames use the same size. Thanks in advance. PJ

Hi,

Thank you!

Right, it will wear Project Two fork and Velocity stem! I will post some pics soon.

My Kula Deluxe Easton EA30 seat post fits perfectly in the Lava Dome. It is 27.2 OD and 350 mm length (it will be better 400 mm). Note that both frames are 19" (Kula Deluxe 2006 and Lava Dome 1994). Apparently, your Humu 94 shall be the same size but.. you should check before measuring your frame seat post tube ID..

Cheers

For the most RetroBike purists, you will not like the final build up.. because only frame, fork (Project Two) and stem (Velocity) are from 1 994. Parts are NOS or stored at home from my Kula 2006 or Dawg 2005 removed parts (my retro parts were almost destroyed..)..

Salud!

Here are more pics (sorry, but in spanish): http://konaprojecttwo.blogspot.com.es/

Top job there fella- looks box fresh!
The choice of parts look good to me- i notice the tubeless wheels and tyre combo, that'll ride real nice ;)

humanoid1989":v3uyr48r said:
Top job there fella- looks box fresh!
The choice of parts look good to me- i notice the tubeless wheels and tyre combo, that'll ride real nice ;)

Thanks!

Still not decided which tyres, but probably Maxxis..

if you were getting it painted, why didnt you get a cable stop put on for v-brakes?

cce":3gm3rplh said:
if you were getting it painted, why didnt you get a cable stop put on for v-brakes?

I was thinking about it..

But I have seen many solutions about how to solve that using or not the original dog collar here in RetroBike. I didn't wanted to weld on the frame (I am not a welder and have no welding skills..).

I will show some pics with the final solution and I am also open for suggestions

Back