The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

stopped in at the LBS on my way home today. Found a few more things of interest. Got the PAUL banner to hang in the garage. Put the Answer Alumilite Bar I found stuck in with some stems and grips on it to give it some perspective.

42918125.jpg

Dug through a bunch pf old forks that were behind some media boards. Bunch of Judys. Some RSTs and other OEM forks. Found 2 NOS Marzocchi XC-R forks. Grabbed the better of the 2 (both have a few shop wear scuffs). No idea what I'll put it on (the fork shelf?). There was a Manitou Mars there too that I may swoop on.

ef349d53.jpg

Why can you never find 8 speed cassettes when you need one? :LOL:

11a57dd4.jpg

Oh well, grabbed a few 7 speed for spares.

dc8aee2d.jpg

NOS Sbike stem and fork. The aluminium one with the titanium headtube, rarer than hen's teeth.
The fork even still has the original 595 DM (£250-ish) pricetag on it.

709_fork.jpg

Advertised as Rock Shocks (sic) w. Bontrager brace.

a554ba31.jpg

Special Ed (in perfect shape) w, Brodie Magnesium brace, but who am I to argue.

Here's my haul of shiny stuff from the car-boot over the last 2 weeks.....

XT M095 STI RH lever
Kalloy seatpost QR binder
Shimano SG B-39 Chainring
Sachs Huret Rear mech
Sachs Huret Front mech
1x Shimano DX Canti arm
Shimano DX front mech 28.6 top pull
Shimano Exage Trail front mech

All pulled out of a box of bike stuff.....thought some of it may come in handy for the spares box/people on the forum. Will probably karma/swap a few bits if anyone needs any of it (other than the xt lever which I wanna keep)

Annoying that there wasn't a pair of the levers and all the front mechs have their clamp bolts missing bizarrely enough.....

All for £3.50! :)

Attachments

• DSC_3008.jpg
    DSC_3008.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 770
I bought so much I feel guilty.

Control Tech jockey wheels (NIB blue)
Madison Aztec brake pads (NIB 2 sets)
Nuke Proof Ti wheelset (VGC better than advertised)
Odyssey Shark Bite pedals (NIB red)
UN-72 BBs (2 NIB listed as UN-52)
Gore RideOn cables (the old ones NIB 2 each brake and derailleur)
DeltaLite Airseal Latex tubes (5 NIB)

The best part is that aside from the wheels somebody stored this stuff for 2 decades and I bought everything for less than retail.

That's why I can't justify spending some of these inflated prices. Those wire bead Farmer John's Cousin tires (from eBay/Marketplace) went for $102 and I didn't really think those tires were so great. More aggressive treads like the Smoke made them seem awful in comparison. They were original equipment everywhere pre-Smoke so I suppose that feeds the 'must have' factor.

BTW - what is so Special Ed about those Rock Shox? To me eye they look like Quadra 5's with different boots and preload knobs. There's way too many Rock Shox versions for me to keep track. I don't even try. Just curious as to what those are.

TBH I would have thought Bontrager on the brace as well but that's a 'B' not a 'b'. Good eye.

Groundoggy":1jq2i3rg said:
BTW - what is so Special Ed about those Rock Shox? To me eye they look like Quadra 5's with different boots and preload knobs. There's way too many Rock Shox versions for me to keep track. I don't even try. Just curious as to what those are.

RS made the Future Shocks for Specialized (can you tell I'm not we'll-steal-anyone's-idea Sinyard fan? :D ) . They're basically grey Mag 21s that someone removed the stickers from and slapped on RS stickers.

Groundoggy":1jq2i3rg said:
TBH I would have thought Bontrager on the brace as well but that's a 'B' not a 'b'. Good eye.

I have a couple of bikes with that "b" plastered all over them, so I knew instantly what it was. The regional sales reps have cool business cards, too.

b48aeb3d.jpg

I did very well at halfords yesterday. Someone had stolen the seat bracket from the tool kit saddle bag I was after so got it for nigh on half price, and it was still eligible for the 3 for 2 offer. So I paid for the bag and a chain cleaner to get a free micro pump to go in the saddle bag! The stolen bracket is only costing me a £5 from CRC!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=74865

Keep this one on the down-low. My friends are starting to whisper to each other of an intervention, and the ex says she's going to put parental controls on all my computers so I can't get on Kijiji.

CinderCone.jpg

Bad news, elastomers are poo and the fork is seized. Good news, the guy remembered he had new elastomers and the extra long allen key.

Set of XT m739 levers and a full bike worth of m600 V's,the V's have polished back up nicely :D
£3.40 ;)

Back