1993 Saracen Sahara Elite

Tuff - You're both right this bike deserves little more than a clean, I'm better off spending my money elsewhere but this is going to canal path bike. Nothing more extreme than that I think. What travel were the forks you put on yours?

I've got some tange rigid forks or 65mm travel Jett forks to put on it. Not sure which yet, probably suspension as it's for the girlfriend.

I cleaned it up today as well as all the parts, it's pretty scratched up. Polished up ok with some t-cut but it's pretty bad in some places.

kQ1Fv.jpg

nTnrn.jpg

LneQC.jpg

My second saracen frame without any stamp on the dropouts :shock: :?
YWbl1.jpg

The chain rings are knakered so going to need some new ones and all I have is 4 bolt rings :x Got to keep my eye on the sale thread.

Good call - mine were 80mm, fine for laid back riding but slow steering. Comfy though. I'd go for Sus over rigid as these were corrected for suspension originally IIRC (all 35mm of it) and rigids might make it skittish on the canal (splash?).

I have some 110 BCD 5 rings knocking about if that is what you are looking for (or some cranks in my for sale thread....).

Have a good day

Tuff92":3tn7o5bk said:
Good call - mine were 80mm, fine for laid back riding but slow steering. Comfy though. I'd go for Sus over rigid as these were corrected for suspension originally IIRC (all 35mm of it) and rigids might make it skittish on the canal (splash?).

I have some 110 BCD 5 rings knocking about if that is what you are looking for (or some cranks in my for sale thread....).

Have a good day

Thanks, think I may just run this as 1x7 and use the granny ring as thats in good nick... Don't want to spend to much money on this bike, just want to get it up and running. I'm even loath to cutting the steerer on the Jetts for this ride as I'd like to use it on something else anoother day. May have to use a lot of spacers :LOL:

So a little change of plans with this bike, was going to be for the GF but we found something better (Kona AA 1995). So i'll finish this with the origional parts and sell it on.

I will use some Jett forks I have and I got myself a donor bike for some more parts.

cxC3N.jpg

I'll use the headset, stem and chain rings from this and keep the forks for another project :cool:

Finished this bike today, well almost, just waiting for a canti hanger for the front brake... I think it looks ok with the black forks, it handles nice too

JFBhL.jpg

QXWL7.jpg

w0D1i.jpg

Now for sale, link in my signature :LOL:

Yeah ride is a bit dead, but they make good tourers OP due to the heavy-gauge tubing, there isn't much lateral flex under heavy loads.

Yeah totally agree, i've used a Tufftrax as a tourer and would consider using something like this again in the future

Re: parts purchase

eddieneil22":olmb8isk said:
can i ask where you got your new parts from,stickers,forks,,

I didn't change the stickers and I had the rest of the parts laying around including the forks. The only new items were really the cable in and outers and the chain.

Back