Welton Ride - Aftermath

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Thanks to everyone who turned out. I hope you all had a good day.

I will write more and post some pics as soon as I have time but as some of you know I have a problem at home so short and sweet for now.

Here's my photees of the day:

d7fede89.jpg

c45eaca9.jpg

5a3f74ff.jpg

9122b451.jpg

e4d97a53.jpg

3821a33c.jpg

d4d75ab1.jpg

e02f23d1.jpg

f236ccd3.jpg

cb98000f.jpg

8d829d3d.jpg

66236e89.jpg

2a56de8c.jpg

344681b1.jpg

e5d16d36.jpg

95de10be.jpg

37a7c8cd.jpg

223d9988.jpg

78911eb9.jpg

16df2c1d.jpg

936850b8.jpg

64270c5f.jpg

d8b29509.jpg

59119d20.jpg

43b3ffa6.jpg

cc016ae0.jpg

And I'm spent!

Looks like the weather turned for the better in the afternoon :cool:

Sorry, no pictures from me, just another thank you to Chris and Ben for hosting another great ride in the wolds.

It got a little sunnier, but only for a little while before another shower! I'm sorry I was slowing everyone down, I need to kick it up a notch at the gym! I do appreciate these rides though as you reveal routes I never knew were there.

I plotted our route at Bikely, Just followed the road where we split back to Welton, I don't know if you went into Welton Wold.

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/welton-circular

That's some nice photography, good work.

It was a really good ride - the weather was about right, even with the occasional hail, since it wasn't too cold.

Time seemed to really fly by - I didn't get home 'til 4:50pm, and that was after bombing home down the roads, catching up a rather surprised looking person on a road bike on Eppleworth Road.

I think I've got a couple of bruises developing from wiping out trying to use the banking on one of the corners.

i was going to say "gutted i missed this" untill i saw the pics of THAT hill.

suprise suprise ben is riding up it !

Missed a great day... was never going to get my pass stamped two weekends in a row...

Spent the day putting up kids outdoor swingset instead!

Hopefully Chris didn't moan to much about the missed Karakoram!!

Hopefully next time... looking forward to pushing a bike up that hill!

It was a good day and though the random hail shower kept turning up it did get sunnier near the end.
Nope we just went down the road all the way back, as well it was quite a fast freewheel all the way back and the legs where hurting (and we drove to Welton not bike there from the middle of town :oops: )

I was quite surprised I got up there myself, since it was damn slippery and we'd just spent a good while 'rebuilding' a roadies chain for him.

(the bit round South Cave is a little bit wrong, only from steep hill to the other side though.

Back