1993 Yeti ARC - UPDATED 06/2013

ameybrook":q9gxneqv said:
It will clash. FYI those were Herting mods. Not saying FTW didn't perform them, it was just Herting's idea.

So you think stick wit the violet one?

Thanks for the info on the stem, good stuff.

mkozaczek":1w1jaklg said:

Yeah. From where I stand it looks like a standard 92 Team ARC. Just go with whatever they would have given Grewal

63aad339.jpg

ameybrook":328jmvg8 said:
mkozaczek":328jmvg8 said:

Yeah. From where I stand it looks like a standard 92 Team ARC. Just go with whatever they would have given Grewal

It's funny, I'm about to have three Team style ARCs. Two gray and one turq with all the color coordinated bits. I was thinking of starting my own Yeti VRT. I have a 17.5" I could build for you if you want to try out :D

I would go for the colours also on the last pic(Mountain Biking) since the grey/silver is on the frame plus the amazing purple ;)

Regarding the crankset I would just play with purple/silver/black colours but not a 3DV crankset ;)

Nuno

Loving this build, have nothing intelligent to add but I heard a rumour (from this site) that the gray on these was not painted but is the natural colour of the (lacquered presumably) aluminium. Can anyone clarify this for me?

stevet1":1o32wwfs said:
Loving this build, have nothing intelligent to add but I heard a rumour (from this site) that the gray on these was not painted but is the natural colour of the (lacquered presumably) aluminium. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Correctamundo, the frames were powder coated turquoise in the front and the rear was powder coated with a clear powder, maybe with some tint.

yeti-man":2t1e4uj8 said:
pimp it violet :eek:

I don't want to go overboard, but I might do the cranks and maybe a single violet cage, we'll see...

Got the headset spacers and a steerer cutting jig today, so maybe it'll be a bike this weekend.

Back