Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

It is around 58cm, only just enough ball to bar clearance for me :shock:

Once I change the stem to something like 10cm the fit will be fine. So if any of you want to swap a nice polished 12cm Cinelli stem for one a bit shorter maybe we could sort something out? I may also change the bars to 40's from 42's for no other reason than I like the look of a narrower bar.

Dynatechrider":297eejjx said:
Hello bikemeister2000,

the Torus of Lamima was a 1994 Torus STX with a complete Shimano STX SE from Raleigh Germany. Including the purple U.G.L.I. fork and purple Dynatech stem, the original Price was 1999.-- DM at each Raleigh dealer in germany. The former owner was changing only the fork and stripped the decals. The frame Number should start with C for the year.

Not exactly right, but nearly. The original group was a STX, not STX RC. The previous owner did not touch the decals, this was my work...and if he did not tell me a lie, he did not change the fork - it wa sold to him by a shop with the Marzocchi XC400 (unfortunately of course, i would have prefered the in my eyes nice U.G.L.I-Fork)

bikemeister2000
Would you have a scan of the catalogue with the 705 in? I have never seen one with this colour scheme.

Thanks

Incomplete Raleigh Torus

I thought I'd post this pic here for the other Raleigh fans. The frame is how it came to me with the X-lite on the top tube. Although its not original I like it and its probably staying.

Please excuse the positioning of bar-ends, saddle etc. I didnt want to start trying to set anything up until i decide what's happening with the forks...

Attachments

• Torus with XTR & X-lite.jpg
    Torus with XTR & X-lite.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 950
stevevw":3e9e6ifw said:
bikemeister2000
Would you have a scan of the catalogue with the 705 in? I have never seen one with this colour scheme.

Thanks

Sadly not, but I think it was 1992. We used that frame for the Delta Racing Team. Quite a successfull venture including winning the RTTC 100km team time trial.

FAO Bikemeister...

Could you please help me sir. I have (had) a 1991 Raleigh Dyna Tech Sentinel. The downtobe came out of it's lug about 2 years after I bought it and Raleigh replaced the frame for me.

When I was sent the new one, I received a letter stating that because the old Reynolds 2055 tube set was no longer in production, they had replaced my frame with a newer Dyna Tech frame (titanium tubing). The frame was then repainted and badged as the old 1991 Sentinel (very nice of Raleigh).

I have since lost the letter I was sent, but wondered if I provided frame numbers etc, whether I could find out exactly what frame I was given. I have a feeling It may even be an M-Trax frame?? But am kind of hoping it is still technically a Dyna Tech.

In all honesty, I really don't mind what frame I have, but it is more so that I can accurately state what I have.

Cheers in advance.

Very sad day here, my MT4 has died :cry:
Tragically, most likely whilst wrestling with a welded in BB :evil:

That's the underside of the chainstay in the pic, don't think there's anything to be done with it (unless anyone knows better).

p1020660_446.jpg

p1020661_957.jpg

Might have been there a while, it was pretty well hidden until Gave knocked it clean for me whilst attacking the BB!

Back