Where would you choose to live, just to have awesome trails?

I find enough to keep me happy, whether it's on the Isle of Man or in the Southern Pelloponese.
Though if I had to choose between them, then the Isle of Man would win, just on sheer variety.

The Twrch trail isn't that rough, The White Level at Glyncorrwg and anything at Coed Y Brenin are rougher by a long way.
Now if I was to move somewhere purely for the trails it would have to be somewhere in the Port Du Soleil area in the French Alps. Most of the trails are downhill based but when we were there we did a few of the xc trails and were really good fun.

Re: Where would you choose to live, just to have awesome tra

Barneyballbags":3s111k48 said:
Ah yes, Wales... "The rainy country"...

Says me, currently sat in South Wales (not too far from Cwmcarn) where it's currently a very nice 16-17 degrees and beautifully sunny, set to stay throughout the weekend ;)

well in that case enjoy it .... as that was your summer for 2012!! :LOL:

(I got caught out in a hail storm on Sun in the sunny south) :twisted:

I don't know what the deal is with the weather.

It takes ten minutes to get a decent burn on, you just need to ride faster if you are getting cold.

High 20s and brilliant sunshine are the last thing you need.

The FoD

I can ride out of my front door, across the road and into the woods :cool:

35 Square miles of woodland, on the doorstep to the Black Mountains/ Brecon Beacons not to mention Cotswolds,Aston Court and the rest of South Wales

East coast of the USA...loads of the best BMX trails in the world. Could I ride all the jumps though.....probably not!

highlandsflyer":3scu8czn said:
I don't know what the deal is with the weather.

It takes ten minutes to get a decent burn on, you just need to ride faster if you are getting cold.

High 20s and brilliant sunshine are the last thing you need.

it is not so much the getting wet part but the rapid wearing out of compontnes, chains cassettes mainly - if you a running XTR stuff then it begins to hurt. ofcourse the answer is to have antoehr bike with lower spec compontents :?

I swap you rain, sleet, hail and snow for High 20s and brilliant sunshine antytime.

Really?

I have been surfing my whole life. Guess what? One of the greatest places to surf in the world is a very cold and very inaccessible place. North coast Scotland. Once you have the ideal conditions, the other factors become secondary.

We have some of the world's best mountain biking here in Scotland.

Anything over ten degrees and temperatures are no issue for any activity.

Terrain however, cannot be replaced by milder conditions.

Incidentally, the average rainfall in many great mountain biking spots in the Highlands is no more than London.

Blissful ignorance for many, until you have ridden year-round here it is very much comparing pancakes with rock cakes.

:)

Back