1981 Ritchey Mountain Bikes

tvcreative

Devout Dirtbag
For your Non Shimano Voting delight

1981 Ritchey, fully fillet brazed, Campagnolo drop outs, mix of Cromo and Reynolds tubeset

SN: 1R0122

This is one of the early ones, with full fillet brazing, including the nickel clad Bullmoose bars with special Bi Plane fork with brazed insert for Bars.

I helped sell this bike back in 1981 from Yellow Jersey Bicycles in Madison Wi, and tracked the two previous owners until they were ready to sell it back to me...so that i could painstakingly bring back to life.

Parts spec'd to original status, as I sold it.

Huret Drivetrain

Ritchey BB

TA Crankset

Mafac Brakes

Magura levers

Phil Hubs

Suntour FW, Thumbies and Pedals

Araya 7x rims

Campagnolo QR's both wheels and seatpost clamp

Specialized Crossroads tires

Advocet Touring II saddle

Campagnolo Headset

Great riding bike, one for the ages...they really did get it right back then, fostering the sport with gems like this....

Attachments

• bullmoose.jpg
    bullmoose.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 1,734
  • ritchey full.jpg
    ritchey full.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 1,734
  • ritchey full again.jpg
    ritchey full again.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 1,734
That is absolutely superb, one of the finest bikes I've seen on the site - ' love it!!

Total respect to you tracking it down and restoring it so beautifully, it really is stunning, you should be very proud.

..is that a titanium Duopar mech?

Original paint?
If so, what color is it?
Awesome!
I need those bars for my Competition......

Nice research to recovery......

Absolutely stunning! I would have preferred that the pictures of the bike be taken flat rather than on stairs since I love a level top tube but that is super nitpicky as the lighting really shows off the great color.

That's just about perfect - right down to the nice back story - well done indeed.

Loving the Huret gear set: we don't see many of those. How does it compare to other set ups?

I like mornings like this. :D

I have been lucky enough to own several early Ritcheys, and lusted after many many others. I can honestly say this is probably the best build I've ever seen.

My Birthday Isn't until June, so hold off posting it to me for a little while please.

al. ;)

Back