TI Raleigh 753 1980

originalshinkicker

rBotM Winner
I've had this frameset for approx 6 months now and am planning on rebuilding it with as close to new Super Record components as I can source. I've always wanted one of these after first seeing one resting against the counter in the bike shop I worked in. My wife persuaded me to blog about the build to give me something to look back on when it's complete.

http://raleigh-sb4059.com/2012/04/09/de ... ster-2012/

Attachments

• Raleigh TI Frameset.jpg
    Raleigh TI Frameset.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2,524
I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

I'm building a GIOS with Super Record at the moment. It's expensive and frustrating. A cocaine habit would be cheaper.

Good luck mate.

Jingle Jangle":921vwnv2 said:
I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

I'm building a GIOS with Super Record at the moment. It's expensive and frustrating. A cocaine habit would be cheaper.

Good luck mate.

Yes, frustrating is probably an understatement, I want it done ASAP but parts in excellent condition are so expensive and rare. I just have to be patient!

Good idea to cover the process on a blog. The pic quility is very nice btw. Of course the frame is this tasty sure helps!

Elev12k":au8pdsmu said:
Good idea to cover the process on a blog. The pic quility is very nice btw. Of course the frame is this tasty sure helps!

Thanks, my wife is a professional photographer and I dabble a bit so I have access to some very nice pro cameras and kit. So combining photography and this bike in a blog was just a natural thing to do. Glad you like it.

Cheers.

AndyPA":1ya9y7dw said:
that frame is beyond beautiful

Thank you. I spent so long looking for one of these frames and always being beaten in the sale, I finally managed to get this one, and also exactly my size!

Looking forward to following this one. I too am busy sourcing top quality SR stuff, there is a lot of good stuff in the US but at premium prices, then there's the 3 week wait for it then the letter from the customs then the extra money to pay........ :roll: well worth it though ;)

Back