A new beginning (P5): 1995 Kona Humuhumu-Nukunuku-A-Pua'a

wasn't sure where you were going with those bars...

then the tires turned up.

totally love it, very jealous

main.php

youve made me go all misty eyed and nostalgic

cocodemer":11qhlzag said:
main.php

youve made me go all misty eyed and nostalgic

You still got it?

Here is mine (sans seat and post that was pinched last night). I got it new in '94 and used it as my primary bike at my courier job back then. We've had many great times together and I will never sell it... So don't ask!

Attachments

• Humuhumu.jpg
    Humuhumu.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 2,112
  • Humuhumu 2.jpg
    Humuhumu 2.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 2,112
Nearly there now, cranks, pedals, chain on and bars taped. Just need to decide on the best way to route the cable to the hub and then figure how to set the gears up - any Nexus hub experts here?

dscf4077r.jpg

dscf4090ju.jpg

dscf4088z.jpg

I'm likin' it overall, but there is something not quite right for me in the handlebar department...

Still lusting over the frame tho'!!!!

aardvarkash10":31iw9uee said:
I'm likin' it overall, but there is something not quite right for me in the handlebar department...

Still lusting over the frame tho'!!!!

I do tend agree that the bars don't look quite right from some angles (I don't think that the longish stem helps) but the riding position is good although certainly not in keeping with the original bike - but that was never the plan anyway.

I admit that the bike doesn't really fit into any 'box' but it has something about it that i can't help but love, and isn't that the main thing :D

very nice this.

What size are those tyres? Do you know if Scwalbe fat frank or similar ar 2.35 would have enough clearance on the Humu?

thanks

Back