A little help needed am new here...

fordy

Retro Newbie
Firstly hello all :)

I need a little help im currently restoring a bmx that i believe has a gt frame but so far i cant find out which kind. Could anyone help me date it and name the frame?

Thanks Muchly

Hayley

on further investigation it appears it could be a specialize frame rather than a GT as some has told me previously... ill keep looking any info welcome

Welcome to the forum.
I don't know what frame it is but a good place to look is BMX museum.
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/gt_bicycles/

Do you know what year it is, or have any serial number info? I would be guessing mid-late nineties at the earliest. Hopefully bendy will be along soon as he knows a lot more than me. ;)

Another place to try if you get no success here is rad forum. :D

Looks nice with the fresh powder btw. :cool:

yes i was thinking same mid- late 90's. no clues on serial number... i found it going free and snapped it up, as you can see the paint was really ratty and the gyro had had it so I stripped it down had it sand blasted and its just come home from the powder-coaters.

I'm intrigued as to what it is... i've searched BMX museum the GT's and specialized frames and have found nothing the same. Similar but not exactly as mine is.

The plot thickens lol! thanks for your help btw :) i'm sure during the rebuild i shall need more help so expect more help posts haha

cheers Hayley :)

Have a look at some schwinns. I know they did the extended top tube design on a few bikes back then. Not sure about the wishbone seatstays though. :?

Just searched all mongoose as they did a specialized edition but nothing there either... i shall search the schwinn now :) cheers

Back