Bike event around Loch Lomond today

What was the bike event around there today? Total shambles and surprised no-one got knocked off on the stretch I got caught up behind them on.

No signs at Crianlarich to inform southbound traffic that there was an event and to be paitent.

Large groups of riders blocking the lane 3-4 wide making over taking very difficult and causing tail backs etc and if you tried to overtake a group you couldn't as a group up ahead had caused traffic to slow so if you did overe take you'd run the risk of running the riders you'd overtaken off the road as you'd end up having to brake as soon as you'd overtaken. Plus the traffic coming the other way was busy due to the weather (loads of motorbikes) so again reducing overtaking places.

And the fat c*nt of a "marshall" at the traffic lights near the drovers inn who started gobbing off as a group of bikes stopped on red and as the road was wide enough I overtook them as they got back in the saddle/put drinks away etc. He expected me just to sit behind them and let them go on as normal.

All for everyone using the road but which bright spark thought its a good idea to have a race on an A grade trunk route with a heaver than normall amount of traffic due to people returning from easter breaks etc.

Had to endure stop/start and 15-20mph speed limits from Crianlarich down to Tarbet were they turned right to go down into Arrochar and down via Garelochhead even then the "marshalls" looked about as bright as a 2 week old dog turd. Look more like normal event secuirty and not someone with an ounce of sense on how to keep people safe on the road etc.

Rant over

Back