My recent 'find out' which maker rebuild road bike. PAVONE.

Been in contact with Chevin cycles today and there are no decals to buy from them and they can't even remember who made the decals
so i'm going to visit my local custom decal maker/shop to see what they can knock-out in chrome-gold effect.

Frame not back from painters yet i might go and pay him a visit tomorrow and see how its coming on.

Sourced a nice pair of un-damaged Shimano Dura Ace 7402 aero levers, the groupset is now complete :cool:

Cheers.
Ian.

mavesyn":s0uewm8k said:
and some good info of old ned...
I'll second that too ;)

Whilst waiting for the frame to be done i kept pondering on weither or not to remove the anodising off the bars because
one side had a 'zig zag' caused by the stem, so i decided to file off the bad marks - remove the anodising and polish them up.

A few other bits i've purchased ....

Retro rubber chainstay protector.
Benotto pearl white bar tape with chrome bar plugs.
Shimano Dura Ace cable set.
Shimano Dura Ace 7402 aero brake levers.
LOOK delta 247 pedals.

Cheers.
Ian.

Bars came up well, I'm going to do the same myself to a pair of Cinelli's.

How much longer do we have to wait before you get the frame back!? ;)

Wow Ian thats good work on the bars - I have a pair was thinking of doing the same on but unsure what the result would be. I'm goign to give that a go now :D

Terry. I went to the painters and the frame has just a layer of primer on it and he is going on holiday next week for a week so it will be at least another two weeks :evil:

The sleeves on the bars was an easy job ! A layer of 'Oven Pride' oven cleaner on the anodising then wash off after two hours then out
with 1200 git paper to even out the alloy and get heavy with the Brasso, i used an old sock soaked in Brasso to really 'go for it'. The end result after ten minutes :shock:

I've also decided to lug-line the frame in gold.

Cheers.
Ian.

First samples of the PAVONE name in chrome gold. Letter E had a mistake so it was altered, last image/sample are the finished name.

The small PAVONE is to go on the rear of the Seat Tube, i'm putting this here so the rider behind can see what he's following ....lol

Working on making a custom 'one off' head badge this is to have a metal Peacock with out spread wings which will be set onto a round/oval
chrome silver base with the name PAVONE in an arch above the Peacock and the word CYCLES below the peacock. Hoping this will look fine.

Well guys !

My frame decals have arrived aswell as my 'head-badge'.
The 753 decals are from the chap in Australia and the Pavone
decals are made in the UK, i've had two sets of the Pavone names
just for spares ! You never know i might bugger one up.

The frame painter is on Holiday for a week so i'm hoping it will be painted for the end of next week.

Only a bit of an update guys :roll:

My friend has resprayed my frame-set in a rich metallic Ferrari red colour and looks amazing
fingers crossed the frame will be completed in two weeks with all decals applied and looking a bit gorgeous :cool:

'home-made' head badge, which is a brushed ali effect vinyl backing with chrome effect vinyl and gold/chrome lettering,
all the decals will be sealed behind the lacquer so i'm hoping it will look like a professionally finished frame-set.

Back