Unicorn ahoy

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I have always wanted a Pace - ever since the 'sheep' had one and I saw some in the flesh at a race in 1993ish.

However, I've always put it off. Many bikes have filled the gap, but none have been quite.....you know.....it.

So I've bitten the bullet and a shiny, red, Pace RC200 wil soon be mine :D
Now all I need to decide is what to hang on it. It's going to have to be nice!

RC200

Awesome,just built my red RC200 with XTR M952 and RC30 forks,rides like a dream.
Post some pics of yours. :D :D

It's coming with RC36 forks, Syncros post, Chris King headset, and an XT rear mech :cool:

To fit, I've got some quite rare Middleburn disc wheels, Middleburn RS2 or RS7 cranks (decisions!), Hope Mini brakes, Hope stem, and X-lite bars.
The only 9spd shifter I have is a Deore one, so maybe an upgrade is in order for that!

Looks like you have decided, and that is a nice choice indeed for components and frame.

Going for the full english were you?

Britains politicians need to give you a pat on the back!

Just purchased a Sturmey Archer SLS50 thumbshifter, with a view to giving it a 9 speed mod. So hopefully that's a shifter sorted.
Think the build is going to be 1x9. Suits my riding style, and I like the look of a bike with 1 front ring.
Just discovered the lever seals in the Hopes have gone, so some fettling is going to be needed there.

Can't wait to get my mitts on it :D

Back