Raleigh Quasar - what to do with it?

Thanks for the links Shawn!

Matt - don't know if I'll keep the chainset of go for my 300 exage with biopace! but it is/was a Zeus chainset

Kermit - make me an offer I can't refuse but bear in mind I've promised it to my 12 year old when it's finished and he's really liking the idea of a road bike now (well you know what kids are like - he just didn't realise he wanted one ;) )

current thinking for colours is Gulf Racing - powder blue and orange!

gulf_gt40_bert.jpg

:)

I had a feeling it was a Zeus chainset ;)

I was only joking and couldn't disappoint a 12yr old lad with aspirations :D

Strip and clean it paint it with those colours (superb choice) and let him enjoy it :D

I always wanted to do my Beetle in gulf racing colours but the bike will have to suffice!

I stripped it down to the frame and forks today but couldn't remove the chainset - I haven't got a socket big enough for the bolt and small enough for the crank recess - the bolt head is bigger than usual crank bolts - LBS me thinks!

Also the cable guide under the BB looks to be riveted on - do I just drill out the rivet and tap the hole to suit a set screw?

Might be a 15mm bolt head you could try to get a cheap socket from a car boot they tend to have thinner sidewalls ;)

Is the seatpost a Campagnolo as I suspect :?: ;)

Someone did a Gulf mountain bike on here a while a go and it looked fab :D

I would drill the rivet out and try to get it rivitted back again ;)

it's bigger than 15mm more like 17mm - I have a crank tool for 15mm and it's no where near :?

That Kona is just too well done - AND flamed up!
I'm thinking of just doing 1 colour powder coat, trying to decide blue or orange...

.... but white with Martini colours... mmm...

...oh and yes it's a Campag seat post - pretty shabby though!

Light blue will be easier to get looking right and you can get some nice orange accessories now too ;)

When i get the last couple of bits I will be putting my cheapy Raliegh build on here too :D

Hadn't thought of Martini untill you posted the Kona thread but my other fav colour scheme would be Porsche Sepia brown with cream and tan accessories and skin walls

71Sepia415500.jpg

Back