Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

dendy":28uwdcoq said:
oldave":28uwdcoq said:
Yep, the Bombers look great - but are they not too long for the Kili? I didn't think mine sat right even with 440 a to c Project 2s.

I suppose it depends on the year. 97 frames were made with 63mm travel in mind and 98/99 frames were made for 80mm travel.

Ah yes, but as We Are Stevo says, nice match. :cool:

I'll see how it goes once it's built. These are 100mm forks and if I'm not happy then they will be replaced. Tbh though I don't expect it to be that much of an issue. I subscribe to Dr S' theory on this issue. ;)

firedfromthecircus":170we4gu said:
dendy":170we4gu said:
oldave":170we4gu said:
Yep, the Bombers look great - but are they not too long for the Kili? I didn't think mine sat right even with 440 a to c Project 2s.

I suppose it depends on the year. 97 frames were made with 63mm travel in mind and 98/99 frames were made for 80mm travel.

Ah yes, but as We Are Stevo says, nice match. :cool:

I'll see how it goes once it's built. These are 100mm forks and if I'm not happy then they will be replaced. Tbh though I don't expect it to be that much of an issue. I subscribe to Dr S' theory on this issue. ;)

Yes, they look cool on the frame for sure :cool:

Hello Saracen lovers, got a Tufftrax Elite which a guy at work has had for years. Not sure what year it is but looks exactly like the one in this catalogue shot

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 5&start=15

Any help on the year and possiable worth, pretty much original from what I can tell. A little bit ruff but a nice bike. I will get some pics up in a tick just need to get them off my phone.

Cheers

Depends on condition! I paid 45 quid for mine - very good nick but shabby paint. Adding rack, panniers and 'grds brought it up to a £100. Cheapest bike I've ever owned - and I hardly ever ride any of my other 3 (all Saracens) any more.

TuftyComp2.jpg

ok here's the pics

not bad condition, needs a good clean

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 707
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 707
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg