(near) nos April 1984 Raleigh team panasonic 531c 600ex

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
A really lucky ebay £312 buy it now bargain! I don't think the seller quite knew the exact bike he had as it was described as a 1990 bike.

photo42.jpg

Appears to have been built in April 1984 and not used since! Maybe purchased by the German guy, rode once or twice and mothballed. All dropouts are marked only once by the QR's so they've in theory not been off more than once or twice! Mostly 600ex Shimano apart from the lovely dura ace rear der from the same year. Must change the saddle for a suede turbo or black iscaselle tornado as the Italia one on it now whilst comfy is more suited to being used as a boat anchor! nearly half a pound in weight! Really nice very early 3t bars and record84 stem with etched '3ttt' instead of the usual printed type.
The NOS Panasonic bottle was a nice recent ebay find.
The bike rides absolutely silent and tight just like a new bike i'd guess.
Another keeper (but im not telling the wife that yet :LOL: )

photo40.jpg

photo41.jpg

photo34.jpg

photo35.jpg

photo39.jpg

photo38.jpg

photo37.jpg

photo36.jpg

Simply stunning.
Think I saw that while it was up on eBay. Didn't bid as I thought it would have gone for a lot more then your winning bid. Well done sir. :D

Thanks!

As for the price, it was a buy it now listing for that amount not an auction so as soon as I saw it and had a quick think (for a second or two) I went for it. Don't know if it was the same one you saw in that case....

shawnb":2cwsw0e7 said:
A really lucky ebay £312 buy it now bargain! I don't think the seller quite knew the exact bike he had as it was described as a 1990 bike.

photo42.jpg

Appears to have been built in April 1984 and not used since! Maybe purchased by the German guy, rode once or twice and mothballed. All lugs are marked only once by the QR's so they've in theory not been off more than once or twice! Mostly 600ex Shimano apart from the lovely dura ace rear der from the same year. Must change the saddle for a suede turbo or black iscaselle tornado as the Italia one on it now whilst comfy is more suited to being used as a boat anchor! nearly half a pound in weight! Really nice very early 3t bars and record84 stem with etched '3ttt' instead of the usual printed type.
The NOS Panasonic bottle was a nice recent ebay find.
The bike rides absolutely silent and tight just like a new bike i'd guess.
Another keeper (but im not telling the wife that yet :LOL: )

photo40.jpg

photo41.jpg

photo34.jpg

photo35.jpg

photo39.jpg

photo38.jpg

photo37.jpg

photo36.jpg

Very nice Shawn,

I admire the commitment.

Another very nice Raleigh in your expanding stable.

I'm jealous, if we meet in Sussex, I'll have to bring the Corsa and SBDU!

Roadking :)

shawnb":21qgwv2t said:
Thanks!

As for the price, it was a buy it now listing for that amount not an auction so as soon as I saw it and had a quick think (for a second or two) I went for it. Don't know if it was the same one you saw in that case....

Must have it confused with something else I was looking at which was an auction. There was a slew of Raleighs in team colours over the last couple of months on ebay.

bikemeister2000":32i4ymee said:
Sweet as..............

Go for the Iscaselle Tornado. You know I'm right. ;)

Ideally a tornado, but the team pics from '84 & '85 show both black suede tornado's and turbo's so I have a bit of a choice there! both saddles are around 300grms too which is a fair saving over the present 490grms!!

Back